Front foglight don't work

otaket34

Hello everybody !
First please excuse my English, I am French and use the auto translator Google :unsure:

Unable to operate my front fog lights in my VW T6, despite several tests and controls.
- All fuses are OK
- All bulbs are OK
- If I remove a bulb from the front fog lights, I have the missing bulb indicator displayed on the dashboard
- I interchanged the switch with that of a friend's T6, and my switch works in his T6
- I have the latest version of VCDS 19.6.1, I have this default code:

20200707_203849.jpg

The traduction in english is:

"03433 - Terminal 30 for Backup Lights and Adaptive Lights
011 - Open Circuit "

I have no idea, and I don't know where to look for more! Do you have any research avenues?

Many thanks in advance to the community!

@otaket34 Have you tried putting your van in reverse? My front fogs light up when the van is put in reverse. I know this won't cure the problem, but it will at least tell you in the lights are actually working.

Beautiful part of the South of France by the way. We stay at Camping Massereau in Sommieres once a year, in fact we are back there next month again.

@otaket34 Have you tried putting your van in reverse? My front fogs light up when the van is put in reverse. I know this won't cure the problem, but it will at least tell you in the lights are actually working.

Beautiful part of the South of France by the way. We stay at Camping Massereau in Sommieres once a year, in fact we are back there next month again.
Hi Tourershine, and thank for your answer !
I just did the test, but even with the reverse gear, the front fog lights do not light ...

Oh yes Sommières, it's 20min from home;)

Yes, the fault code 03433 - Terminal 30 Back-up light/cornering light.
Do the back-up lights work? DSG or manual gearbox?
Hello mmi, thks for your help
It's 204cv DSG, and yes, my 2 back-up light works.... i think i'm gonna be CRAZY !!! :eek::D

If you know how us T6 guys are, you will know that front bumpers are common for being removed several times. From memory i'm sure there is a big block plug that connects the front fogs into the wiring loom, could be worth a check if you can find it by removing your under-tray. I'd of thought if it was something that obvious, it would of thrown up an error on the dash but I often start with the Occam's razor theory. :whistle:

Keep us updated if you find the fault.

If you know how us T6 guys are, you will know that front bumpers are common for being removed several times. From memory i'm sure there is a big block plug that connects the front fogs into the wiring loom, could be worth a check if you can find it by removing your under-tray. I'd of thought if it was something that obvious, it would of thrown up an error on the dash but I often start with the Occam's razor theory. :whistle:

Keep us updated if you find the fault.
thank you very much for your response and responsiveness, but I tell myself that if the fog lights were not connected to the harness like your good idea, why when i test to remove a bulb from the front fog lights, I have the logo on the dashboard, that a bulb is defective or missing? it's a crazy story! o_O

Hmmm....
I have a 15A fuse here... but I do not have front fog lights. But that fuse supposed to feed BCM for reversing light and fog lights. So really a mystery then why your back-up lights work.
1594365179008.png

Another picture with the 15A in the slot ---> Cigarette lighter fuse. 2016 transporter

Did you read this one ---> Fog Lights

Ha yes I immediately read this post, thinking that I had found my problem !! The fuses are good when I test them with the ammeter, but I still replaced them with new ones then cleared the error under VCDS, but the code comes back all the time ... and still no fog lights before.
Indeed, looking at several photos of T6 fuse boxes on the internet, there is often this 15A fuse that I do not have ... but I also saw one or two photos where people did not have it no more !!
Do you think there is a risk trying to put this 15A in this empty slot to try? normally no....

I can't see why there would be a risk - if it's supposed to be empty then there's is nothing. You should actually see if there are contacts in there - if not then the fuse just falls out.

Have you checked in Central Electrics to see if 'foglights are installed'?

Were the foglights factory fitted ?

Have they ever worked ?

Were the foglights factory fitted ?

Have they ever worked ?
Hello Pauly and thank you for worrying about my problem too!

I think they are original, but being the 3rd owner, I can't be 100% sure

I bought the VW 2 months ago, I never saw the fog lights working .... but because I never turn them on, I never needed them. :D
I realized this problem when I wanted to control the activation of the Corner Light, that's when I realized that the fog lights just didn't work!

Good good good, I spent the afternoon on my T6, and I have to congratulate mmi on the hypothesis of the absent fuse, because it was indeed that!
I do not understand why there was not this 15A fuse in its place, and I would never know, but tonight EVERYTHING WORKS !!
Thank you all for your research leads, this allowed me to discover this great forum !! :waving::waving:

That's excellent news! However, please allow my last question - do you have LED front (main) and LED tail lights, or the regular ones?

Good good good, I spent the afternoon on my T6, and I have to congratulate mmi on the hypothesis of the absent fuse, because it was indeed that!
I do not understand why there was not this 15A fuse in its place, and I would never know, but tonight EVERYTHING WORKS !!
Thank you all for your research leads, this allowed me to discover this great forum !! :waving::waving:
Including the cornerlights?

Oké,
I'm having that same problem.
But first let me introduce myself...
My name is Johan,coming from Gouda Holland and driving my 4th Transporter.
The one I'm driving now is a VW T6 150 hp dsg euro 6.

No 15 amp fuse on that spot.
After putting one in the foglights are burning but no curvelights.
A few months ago everything was working as it should be.
Without the fuse....
It can be de VW garage pulled this one out during service but I never took this one out.
Maybe the whole fog curve light system is driven by software.???.

Back