Rear Fog Light Not Working.

rover220

VCDS User
T6 Guru
Hi chaps, this is on my 5.1 not a t6 but should be the same.

Van has failed mot on no rear fog either at the van or the trailer socket.

It has a westfalia towbar loom just fitted and I cant help but think it's related to this. Everything else works fine but I also do not get the rear fog icon illuminated on the switch.

Can anyone help?

ok i think i have sussed it, the crappy switch in the socket wasnt working correctly i have now the fog working on the van and when i close the switch 12v is switched to pin 2 on the 13 pin socket so all good there.

query though is when i close the switch to simulate a trailer being attached the fog warning goes off on the dash until the trailer is unplugged again then the symbol reignites, is this correct? i can see mr mot man being funny

When a trailer is attached the van foglight is disabled and sent to the trailer instead, this is to stop the fog lights reflecting of the front face of the trailer and glaring the rear screen
If a trailer is not attached then the MOT won’t know any different ?

Yep I get that. All is working now however when the feed is switched to trailer the icon goes off on the dash, is this normal or is it because there is no load on the system? I am only checking with volt meter not plugging in a trailer board. 13 pin socket is tested as part of the mot.

Back