Front foglights not working on the switch.

fezza68

Seize the day.
VIP Member
T6 Legend
My front foglights wont come on from the headlight switch. The fogs are working cos I've got them to come on on coming home lights setting via carista. Anyone any ideas?.

Did it coincide with setting via Carista? Have you tried reverting back to previous set-up?
Please post "Detailed ECU info"-report (under Carista Service menu).

No i set the coming home lights with carista about 3 years ago. My mates borrowed my carista and i wont see him for a week so i cant do anything with it til he gets back off holiday. Just seems weird them not coming on since it come back from a service at vw?.

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
Not wanting to state the obvious, but you have the switch turned to side lights or dipped beam don't you? Not trying to pull the switch out when it's in Auto.

Yes whatever posistion i put the switch in the front fogs dont come on and the light on the switch doesnt illuminate either but the rears work fine. My bus came with led rear lights as standard and I've swapped the rears out twice and alls been good. Wonder could it be the travelinlite rears causing it?.

Daft question but if the fogs come on when coming home is activated could the fuse still be blown when trying to activate them from the switch?.

Not really answering your question, but I used to have a B7 Passat. Not sure if you are familiar with them, but they have the DRL in the lamp next to the fog light. I coded my foglights as DRLs and reduced the brightness to match the original DRLs next to them.

Now what this did was stopped the fogs as cornering light function. This was because the BCM was telling the fog lights (now DRLs) to turn off when the headlights are on. Corning lights work with dipped headlights, so no juice was getting to them.

It could be a similar thing with yours. Something is coded that has inadvertently switched off another function.

Oh, and in a way. it's a good job it wasn't you with the switch in the wrong position. You would have had to surrender your man card for that.

Daft question but if the fogs come on when coming home is activated could the fuse still be blown when trying to activate them from the switch?.
I dont' believe so.
Do you have access to VCDS or OBDeleven - just to verify the switch itself + wiring up to the BCM is working?

A simple check of the switch would be to swap it with someone else's. I'm sure someone local to you would help out.

Meanwhile for future reference can anyone having VCDS + T6 with front foglights @Loz @Robert @Deaky to confirm at which measuring block the front fog light switch resides in.

My guess it's 029-2 but can't confirm because mine doesn't have front fogs - thus on mine it never changes
Anyways, the other switch light positions are in block 029 and 031 (see OFF-ON's in the picture).

IGNition OFF > VCDS > Select > 09-Cent. Elect. > Meas.Blocks > Fill in Groups 029 Go - 030 Go - 031 Go > Twiddle the light switch...

09-measuring-block_a.png

Anyone oldham/east manchester area with a auto headlight switch in their van wanna helo me out?.;)

Try again!. Is anyone in the manchester area with auto headlights willing to help me out with a quick swap of their headlight switch to see if mines busted?.

Back