Replacement bottom arm

Dibsta

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys failed Mot on this
  • Nearside Front Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn bottom arm, rear bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn bottom arm, rear bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))
I’m asking you guys which are best bottom arm and bushes to get
Thanks for any advice

I changed mine for Meyle which have solid rubber bushes rather than ones with voids like the OEM ones. Described as ‘heavy duty’!

You can poly bush your original lower arms but I’m not convinced by them - they are considerably harder than rubber and also convert the joint to a bearing rather than a bush IMHO. OK on a track car not so sure about a road vehicle.

I changed mine for Meyle which have solid rubber bushes rather than ones with voids like the OEM ones. Described as ‘heavy duty’!

You can poly bush your original lower arms but I’m not convinced by them - they are considerably harder than rubber and also convert the joint to a bearing rather than a bush IMHO. OK on a track car not so sure about a road vehicle.
Hi you don’t have a link to them by any chance

I got them from Murray Direct on Ebay but they dont seem to list them anymore, only the Meyle bush kits. Cost £210ish for the pair.

Hope thats not the picture of the real thing as its wrong! Transporter lower arms are a hunk of cast iron, not pressed steel and the bushes are wrongly orientated in the pic above.

I’ve used autodoc in the past (shipped from Germany) but have read bad reports more recently.

I’d find a UK seller.

These look like the correct ones but check against the vehicle listing or confirm with the suppier…

Hope thats not the picture of the real thing as its wrong! Transporter lower arms are a hunk of cast iron, not pressed steel and the bushes are wrongly orientated in the pic above.

I’ve used autodoc in the past (shipped from Germany) but have read bad reports more recently.

I’d find a UK seller.
I thought to
These look like the correct ones but check against the vehicle listing or confirm with the suppier…

cheers buddy

Last edited:
I’ve kept my old VW arms to rebush them when I get a spare minute.

Perhaps I should offer an exchange service :)

The topic has been discussed before and dealers seem to shy away from rebushing and prefer to fit replacement arms.

I’ve kept my old VW arms to rebush them when I get a spare minute.

Perhaps I should offer an exchange service :)

The topic has been discussed before and dealers seem to shy away from rebushing and prefer to fit replacement arms.
Good idea might do same

Anybody who has fitted these could you tell me if they give a noticeably less supple ride being solid rubber rather than the voided OE ones ?

Anybody who has fitted these could you tell me if they give a noticeably less supple ride being solid rubber rather than the voided OE ones ?
I used them left and right, and no, no difference in ride at all.
Remember to get your tracking done straight away, you can scrub tyres out very quickly otherwise.
Don't ask me how I know. :whistle:

Thank you for your replies, The link to them is still good and just ordered a pair :)

What sort of milage are these failing at? I have a 2016, 60K mile T32 on standard running gear, no sign of bush failure yet.

Hi DXX, Mine is a 2017, 150 manual T30 with 90k on it, and it seems like it is just the o/s rear bush that has excessive play so changing the pair with new track arms and track adjuster arms. all Meyle, all available on ebay uk.

Reactions: DXX
What sort of milage are these failing at? I have a 2016, 60K mile T32 on standard running gear, no sign of bush failure yet.

Mine was at about 65K miles and is a 2016 van, they weren't bad but one side had more play or movement in it than the other so I just changed them both.

160k mine became obvious. First sign was steering judder whilst turning and creeping forward / reversing.

Back