Another T32 or T30! Plus lift kit/parts recommendations please!

Lux

VIP Member
Hi all,

So I've had my T6 inspected and found the front left shock is shot (leaking oil), front suspension strut tops are binding and the front trailing arm bushes split.

A sign it's now time to pull the trigger on a lift kit instead of just window shopping!

BUT I'm still unsure whether I have a T30 or T32.
It's a BUILD2017/MY2018 TRANSPORTER T6 BITDI 4MOTION DSG SWB info pics attached.

I'm thinking T30 as it has a GVM of 3000kg but was an ex police car so unsure if they got them upgraded?

Also if anyone has recommendations on the parts and brands I should look at for replacing the damage.

Any help very much appreciated!

Matt

IMG_20231103_061558964.jpg

IMG_20231103_201150539.jpg

IMG_20231103_194232946.jpg

IMG_20231103_194221057.jpg

Last edited:
We can offer you our Active shocks ( the most sophisticated shock on the market ) it softens up on bumpy surfaces . It will also lift the vehicle a sensible 20 mm from standard .

The Powerflex bushes for the front control arm has to be the best way forward in our opinion there are 4 of them and they have a life time warranty and they are stronger than even the T32 solid bushes which come on the bigger models .

A job like this would cost approx £ 1500 for all the parts and labour , the results will be amazing

Give us a shout if you want more info

We can offer you our Active shocks ( the most sophisticated shock on the market ) it softens up on bumpy surfaces . It will also lift the vehicle a sensible 20 mm from standard .

The Powerflex bushes for the front control arm has to be the best way forward in our opinion there are 4 of them and they have a life time warranty and they are stronger than even the T32 solid bushes which come on the bigger models .

A job like this would cost approx £ 1500 for all the parts and labour , the results will be amazing

Give us a shout if you want more info
Hey mate,
I'm in Australia unfortunately so I can't take you up on the offer.
I'm looking at these parts if you could give me your 2c I'd really appreciate it!

Shocks- KONI XL ADJUSTABLE 2 x Front KONI Heavy Track Adj Shock Absorbers for Volkswagen Transporter T5 T6 | eBay

Springs- KING COIL SPRINGS FRONT RAISED (PAIR)

Top Mount Kit For Front Strut, Meyle HD - Pair

and I'll probably go super pro bushes, look to be an Australian equivalent to the power flex gear.

unsure on what to do with the rear whether I just get some spacers for now or replace it

Hey mate,
I'm in Australia unfortunately so I can't take you up on the offer.
I'm looking at these parts if you could give me your 2c I'd really appreciate it!

Shocks- KONI XL ADJUSTABLE 2 x Front KONI Heavy Track Adj Shock Absorbers for Volkswagen Transporter T5 T6 | eBay

Springs- KING COIL SPRINGS FRONT RAISED (PAIR)

Top Mount Kit For Front Strut, Meyle HD - Pair

and I'll probably go super pro bushes, look to be an Australian equivalent to the power flex gear.

unsure on what to do with the rear whether I just get some spacers for now or replace it
Also considering going the Bilstein route possibly but reading alot of good things about Koni

Bilstein 35mm Lift Kit With Long Travel Dampers VW T30

Also considering going the Bilstein route possibly but reading alot of good things about Koni

The Bilstein lift kit is an excellent kit, one of the best kits out there with the best ride - you won’t be disappointed with this. The other to consider is the Solow LFT- an adjustable height Coilover.

HTH

Hi there

I can give you the details of the shocks to buy and the details of the importer in Australia . the rest i can talk you through to do there !

Hi there

I can give you the details of the shocks to buy and the details of the importer in Australia . the rest i can talk you through to do there !
Yeh that would be quite helpful, trying to put together a bit of a list of options and prices at the moment.

Start to get down a rabbit hole a bit ha

The Bilstein lift kit is an excellent kit, one of the best kits out there with the best ride - you won’t be disappointed with this. The other to consider is the Solow LFT- an adjustable height Coilover.

HTH
Yeh it seems to be the main go to, has good reviews and not too badly priced.

Those LFTs aren't too much more even with postage, how easy/long does it take to adjust the height on them?

Height adjustment is really simple. All tools supplied to adjust them. They ride really well too. Best kit on the market that we’ve tried.

Yeh it seems to be the main go to, has good reviews and not too badly priced.

Those LFTs aren't too much more even with postage, how easy/long does it take to adjust the height on them?
Issue you will find is these kits aren't on the Bilstein web site which means its a private label / white label part ?? if it is you wont get it down under but worth checking with the importer .
Because of the size of the Transporter market in UK a lot of us have stuff specially made for the local UK market and its not always available world wide .
You should have a Seikel dealer down there ?

Issue you will find is these kits aren't on the Bilstein web site which means its a private label / white label part ?? if it is you wont get it down under but worth checking with the importer .
Because of the size of the Transporter market in UK a lot of us have stuff specially made for the local UK market and its not always available world wide .
You should have a Seikel dealer down there ?
Looking at the solow website delivered to Aus works out decent price to local options available here and parts are available on the website by the looks. The seikel kit available local costs quite a bit more for what looks like not as good overall products has monroe shocks and not adjustabvle suspension v bilstein/koni in other kits. however im only going off what I've read that monroe isnt as good as the others but I don't know from any experience.

Looking at the solow website delivered to Aus works out decent price to local options available here and parts are available on the website by the looks. The seikel kit available local costs quite a bit more for what looks like not as good overall products has monroe shocks and not adjustabvle suspension v bilstein/koni in other kits. however im only going off what I've read that monroe isnt as good as the others but I don't know from any experience.
I would agree that an expensive kit like Seigel with Monroe shocks wouldn't be a good value way to go. i have just quoted another Down under client and the freight was almost 300 pounds for 30 kilos

I would agree that an expensive kit like Seigel with Monroe shocks wouldn't be a good value way to go. i have just quoted another Down under client and the freight was almost 300 pounds for 30 kilos
Yep even with the huge amount on postage it's still cheaper than buying from a local distributor, I would believe that there's not a big enough market here compared to UK for transporter gear so not many stockists plus they would have to have it sent to them. Time to build a bridge! Hahaha

Yep even with the huge amount on postage it's still cheaper than buying from a local distributor, I would believe that there's not a big enough market here compared to UK for transporter gear so not many stockists plus they would have to have it sent to them. Time to build a bridge! Hahaha
Thats good . I had a lot to do with my Australian counter part as World KONI distributors . I own the South African import agency for KONI as well . The original owner Barry retired and sold the business , so i am not as connected with the new owners sadly .

Good luck with the project , and if you decide to go the KONI route we can help

Back