Mot cover

T6.1989

VIP Member
Hi, I have a 2020 t6.1 due for mot at the end of month on the last mot done at a independent garage they advised me there was some slight play in suspension arm bushes he did show me with a bar and that not a failure yet and didn’t put it down as a advisory but said it probably will be next yr.

when I purchased the van from Vw listers I took out there listers approved warranty and brake down cover for two yrs this comes with £500 mot cover, I think I’m right in saying this is the same cover as the Vw warranty but any claims have to go through listers I didn’t realise this when purchased which is a pain Because I’m miles from any lister dealers. It seems in paperwork suspension arms and steering components is covered.

so I will get to the questions

Is the suspension bushes cover under mot cover?

If I were to take the van to a local Vw garage and it fails and have them replaced would the warranty I bought from listers cover this? or would I pay for it then claim from listers Same as if I took it to my local independent garage could I send the invoice after paid to claim from listers?

lastly does anyone know what Vw charge for the suspension bushes because if it’s anything Like the £660 they wanted for front and rear brake pads they wanted at service which I done myself for £76 I will do myself or get local garage to do, the £500 limit includes vat.

sorry for long post over some bushes and I will ring them but good to learn from people with first hand experience because seems plenty people had different experiences of Vw garages and warrantyrs.

IMG_7160.jpeg

IMG_7161.jpeg

IMG_7162.jpeg

No idea on the policy - you'd really have to give them a call to be sure.

The factory suspension bushes are rubbish on the T6 though, if you're replacing them then I'd recommend going for something more robust - powerflex bushes or similar.

Wouldn't use VW for that job simply due to their hourly labour cost vs an indy,
Never heard of an MOT warranty so not sure how that works? I'm guessing that you take it to them for MOT and if it fails you have cover up to £500 to get it passed?
Thing is if it doesn't fail on the bushes then they wont fix it but if it did fail on that then the £500 should cover it. Ask an indy to quote to give you an idea.

Thanks for help.

I will give them a call it’s weird they probably wouldn’t cover them under the warranty but this mot cover seems to say they are but I fully expect every excuse why they won’t. Im happy to pay for them to be done and would have to normally but be shame to pay when could be free.

Back