Renogy feedback.

travelvolts

Retired
T6 Legend
I have noticed that a few people have now fitted Renogy products. As I have been offered dealership on this stuff I would like to gain some feedback on it. What do you all think of it? Would you buy it again or buy further products from their range based on the general build quality?

Personally i love Renogy.

I've been using them for a few years now.

I've got and tested.

suitcase solar kit
semiflexable solar kit
semiflexable panel,
solar pwm controllers.
DC-DC controller.

no problems or issues so far.

I like the ease of buying off the website but its a 400w system, I do not think its as efficient as my older greenplanet 300w system. The bluetooth app leaves alot to be desired but it does everything one could need. Thing is, im pretty sure they are all built in the same factory anyway.

Had a few bits from them. When I was researching solar panels they seemed to get decent reviews/feedback.

After having a few issues with my unit which I have shared in a different thread I received a replacement unit from Renogy.
Considering the lockdown etc their customer service has been excellent so it’s a good review and positive feedback from me .

I feel I should share my concerns about Renogy with you folk as a warning. I read this thread and others before spending about £2000 with them recently, trusting the experience here over the trust pilot reviews but I am sad to say my experience has matched those complaining. It is very likely all the products I have bought will be fine when they turn up and match their positive reviews in use but Renogy customer service is not what you would expect. I am sure in these difficulty times their are all sorts of mitigating factors, I fear they may just be nice people overworked, but it results in the same outcome for the customer. Others may have had better experience but I would hate for you to similarly effected and not to have said something.

If you like Renogy products I would very much advise you buy through a 3rd party who can act on your behalf. You will notice most of the products are cheaper on Amazon than on the Renogy site and they offer next day free delivery (if you have Prime) and free and easy returns. Other suppliers will no doubt offer similar. Sometimes the Renogy site can be cheaper when you use the 10% discount code available on this forum and or black Friday or whatever but it is in my view it is not worth it.

Renogy say "At Renogy, we work hard to ensure a positive shopping experience with us. For purchases made directly from our online store, if for any reason you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return your products with original package within 30 days as long as they are new, undamaged, and unmodified."

I found the Renogy information on their site to be too brief and often confusing. I ended up buying some products that were not compatible. When trying to return them and buy the more expensive compatible alternatives I found their 30 day returns policy wanting. It has been nearly 30 says since I bought them and I still do not have an RMA number or an address to send them to. They have already warned me they will not be paying the postage even after they had me submit photos to prove they are unused (they have never been taken out of the box).

Half my order has not turned up yet. The batteries had a delivery date of the 15th of December. When they did not turn up Renogy did not contact me or update my order or anything you may expect from an eCommerce company. Having first given the benefit of doubt for a few days, I then had to raise a support query and wait a week for a response, which said they had been delayed until the new year. When they do turn up, if they are not compatible with everything else I have bought, I worry I will have trouble resolving that.

When you do get a response from Renogy they are polite and detailed but if they do not answer your question (or still do not send you the RMA number for example) you can't find your case online and respond to it. You can email back to who responded and you may get a response but that is very hit and miss. They have clearly just moved to Salesforce at some point but it is a very poor implementation and worse it has completely broken their docs, FAQ, blogs and the like with most of the links and images pointing to the old non-existent site.

So no doubt good gear but think twice about going direct until they sort themselves out and you may be better served.

I feel I should share my concerns about Renogy with you folk as a warning. I read this thread and others before spending about £2000 with them recently, trusting the experience here over the trust pilot reviews but I am sad to say my experience has matched those complaining. It is very likely all the products I have bought will be fine when they turn up and match their positive reviews in use but Renogy customer service is not what you would expect. I am sure in these difficulty times their are all sorts of mitigating factors, I fear they may just be nice people overworked, but it results in the same outcome for the customer. Others may have had better experience but I would hate for you to similarly effected and not to have said something.

If you like Renogy products I would very much advise you buy through a 3rd party who can act on your behalf. You will notice most of the products are cheaper on Amazon than on the Renogy site and they offer next day free delivery (if you have Prime) and free and easy returns. Other suppliers will no doubt offer similar. Sometimes the Renogy site can be cheaper when you use the 10% discount code available on this forum and or black Friday or whatever but it is in my view it is not worth it.

Renogy say "At Renogy, we work hard to ensure a positive shopping experience with us. For purchases made directly from our online store, if for any reason you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return your products with original package within 30 days as long as they are new, undamaged, and unmodified."

I found the Renogy information on their site to be too brief and often confusing. I ended up buying some products that were not compatible. When trying to return them and buy the more expensive compatible alternatives I found their 30 day returns policy wanting. It has been nearly 30 says since I bought them and I still do not have an RMA number or an address to send them to. They have already warned me they will not be paying the postage even after they had me submit photos to prove they are unused (they have never been taken out of the box).

Half my order has not turned up yet. The batteries had a delivery date of the 15th of December. When they did not turn up Renogy did not contact me or update my order or anything you may expect from an eCommerce company. Having first given the benefit of doubt for a few days, I then had to raise a support query and wait a week for a response, which said they had been delayed until the new year. When they do turn up, if they are not compatible with everything else I have bought, I worry I will have trouble resolving that.

When you do get a response from Renogy they are polite and detailed but if they do not answer your question (or still do not send you the RMA number for example) you can't find your case online and respond to it. You can email back to who responded and you may get a response but that is very hit and miss. They have clearly just moved to Salesforce at some point but it is a very poor implementation and worse it has completely broken their docs, FAQ, blogs and the like with most of the links and images pointing to the old non-existent site.

So no doubt good gear but think twice about going direct until they sort themselves out and you may be better served.
Great review! Obvious that someone understands logistics and CRM systems (and piss-poor implementations of these too!)

I have bought two of their 100 watt solar suitcases. They arrived on time, are well made and worked perfectly out of the box.
I did need to contact them when two of the connectors snapped but after I sent them some photos they sent me a replacement pack of five by return without any quibble.
Have had them a them a while now and one sits permanently outside on the drive connected to my battery and it’s still looks as new.
I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again.
Hope this helps.

I appreciate your report @sw25481. I ordered and received their 50a DC-DC charger and MPPT controller which arrived with no problems. I’m in the process of stripping the van and sorting out the wiring at the moment. Today I’ve cut an access panel in the converters insulated lining and tomorrow (well, maybe not tomorrow :think smile bounce:) I’ll make a new backboard for it with a new EHU RCD and the original DC fuse box. I should also be able to run some tests and hopefully, after what you said I won’t need to contact Renogy with any queries or complaints. :rolleyes:

b0a91fda-da9d-413f-8a51-6db16bf07135.jpg

IMG_20211224_160047.jpg

I ordered a 100Ah lifeP04 battery from Renogy via Amazon 2 December, and 2 delivery dates have passed and still no battery. However, I received a EMAIL stating that due to transportation issues, my battery will be arriving 28th/29th, and have offered me a £50 refund, as compensation for the delay.
So looking forward to 28/29th to see what happens.

Back