Remap: Revo or Pendle?

IMHO Id steer away from tuning boxes, and stick to a map. Any doubts about your warranty, then wait till it's up, but happy to talk through all options if you want to give me a call.

Just picking up the point in the above post. I have had numerous vehicles professionally remapped by the relevant reputable company with consistantly good results.

I did once try a tuning box and it did not last long and I have a number friends who have tried boxes over the years and all changed to a proper ecu remap..

This is just my view and my experience, I have no affiliation to any tuning company.

i had a previous map (superchip maybe) just had the Revo stage 1 done... highly recommend

I have a Pendle remap. Very pleased with it. No improvement in mpg.

Be aware if there is a new software release for your vehicle the dealer will normally install this as a matter of course - which will overwrite any installed map. Apparently Pendle see this quite often.
Std my van produced 159bhp and 362Nm, post Pendle mapping 194bhp and 420Nm.
I actually had the torque dialled back slightly (about 20Nm) as I was getting some driveline vibration *under very particular) circumstances at 440Nm.

My reasons for having it were not related to outright performance but drivability, which is now vastly improved.

Have a 68 plate 150 dsg and remaped with Revo stage 1 at 1yr and 9000 miles. Now on nearly 17000 and it has been fantastic. I had it put on for the torque increase for smooth relaxed driving. I typically get 38+ MPG and on long run I can usually get 41-42mpg.

By far the most important thing is the effortless drive and hills are now virtually non-existant as the torque just pulls effortlessly up hills and if you do overtake there is no revvy drama just a wave of torque.

Very happy with the remap.

@BognorMotors , @XZO Can I ask how do you find the interaction between the DSG gearbox and the engine, having the remap added? Does it hold gears longer, for example?

The DSG has it own ECU so adapts. We are also a TVS dealer so can remap your gearbox as well, which gives a massive improvement

The gearbox is exactly the same. Very smooth and reacts as before the remap. You just have loads more torque or grunt if you like which makes for relaxed driving.

@BognorMotors , @XZO Can I ask how do you find the interaction between the DSG gearbox and the engine, having the remap added? Does it hold gears longer, for example?

I made some comments on that in my post after having it done. Although a REVO remap doesn't remap the DSG in any way, the REVO remap gave me the 'impression' the box had changed as well. Oli @BognorMotors ,who did mine, said the DSG box itself reacts to the changed engine power / torque of the map so that's part of why you feel those differences in the driving experience.

About halfway down this page ( Remap ..... Just Can’t Decide On Which One ) from my entry on in this post onwards there are some comments / contribution on your point

I also have a newbie remap question, do all pendle remap agents have a rolling road too?...
As I have seen some mobile Pendle tuning, but I don't understand how or what the difference is between getting it setup on the rolling road with a Pendle remap or an agent simply dowloading a pendle map to the van... I assume the cost is also different.. I hope that makes sense,
Thanks Jon

I also have a newbie remap question, do all pendle remap agents have a rolling road too?...
As I have seen some mobile Pendle tuning, but I don't understand how or what the difference is between getting it setup on the rolling road with a Pendle remap or an agent simply dowloading a pendle map to the van... I assume the cost is also different.. I hope that makes sense,
Thanks Jon

I believe this is how it works - All Pendle agents either run it on a dyno or take it for a road test to check the van is healthy and then that data is sent to Pendle HQ where the map is customised for that particular van based on the data that was uploaded. You don’t have to stick it on a dyno, but you can if you wanted to. I think Pendle HQ is the only place where you can run a 4-Motion on a dyno, assuming you have one.

I believe this is how it works - All Pendle agents either run it on a dyno or take it for a road test to check the van is healthy and then that data is sent to Pendle HQ where the map is customised for that particular van based on the data that was uploaded. You don’t have to stick it on a dyno, but you can if you wanted to. I think Pendle HQ is the only place where you can run a 4-Motion on a dyno, assuming you have one.
Thanks for that, I had no idea and that makes a lot of sense now.

CHeers
Jon

Hi all,
What do these cost for a 199ps T32 SWB and what do they add exactly? Cheers!

Has anyone got any experience with Superchips on these Vans? I've used them before on a few previous vehicles and found them to be very good. I'd liken it to the standard drive, just turned up to 12.

I'm sort of swaying towards them again as whilst it can't be Bluefin'd, there is an agent less than 20 miles from me. But if Revo is vastly better, it'd be worth traveling a bit further.

@dubber36 I'd definitely go REVO and have. Huge user-base, very tried and tested product and extremely well established and accepted in 'Transporter world'.

I personally wouldn't want people asking me who Superchips were when I came to sell either.......

Back