Collins of Probus and Pendle Performance.

BIgben

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So, I’ve been keen to get a transporter mapped ever since I had my first one about 14 years ago.
I had contacted Martin right back in the day when I think he was doing maps mobile. For one reason or other I never got around to it.
Some years later I also came close to getting my last T5 mapped but Martin actually refunded me the money because it was a 2.5 with the DPF which I’d had some problems with so said it was best not to compound the problems.
Fast forward to my latest van (manual T6 4motion 150ps) and this is of course going to be my forever van.
So I started looking into it again.
I looked a Revo but seemed to be a generic map which didn’t sit too well with me rightly or wrongly.
There is also a seemingly very reputable tuner (Ozmo) close to me. But they didn’t have 4x4 dyno either.
So looking on the Pendle site I came across Collins. They seemed very professional from what I could read on the net and even more so when I had a chat on the phone.
In-between then and today I had come across some concerns being voiced with Martin’s behaviour which had tempered my excitement to get the van mapped.
As I was passing this morning I thought I’d drop by and stick my head in to have a mooch about and perhaps ask a few questions.
Amazingly professional looking bustling business.
Seem like they care, is what I took away from today.
I spoke to the guy on the reception and said I could have a chat with Gary who does the tuning and he may even have a slot free today.
So I had a chat. Voiced some concerns re-pendle and he completely put me at ease.
Gary has access to all the tools to map the vans with or without Martin but with the backup of all the years of development and testing from what I can see.
As it was, he had the time free this morning, so I dug my bike out the back of the van and left him to it.
I came back just before lunch to watch the final dyno run and road test, then, with some thank you’s and some money changing hands I was good to go.
As expected the van drives even better now.
Super smooth and with the oomph needed to not have to drop down a gear for overtaking.

So really what I’m saying is don’t discount the brilliant agents and garages standing behind them just because Pendle is going through difficulties.
I won’t hesitate to make the 2 1/2 hr drive to Collins to get my van looked at or even get the service and MOT done.
They just seem to care. And that seems to be rare these days.

Totally echo that statement & sentiment for TH Performance in Havant - another Pendle Agent doing the lords work :inlove:

Really close to me these guys. Didnt even though they were still going!

The attitude makes all the difference - you can never just “pop” into Pendle HQ!
My son lives in Barnoldswick where Pendle HQ are based, and I am just half an hour away, but when I popped into Pendle HQ I got a very cool reception with mutterings that he doesn’t appreciate people just dropping in and they should really contact him by phone at certain times of the day. Of course, he’s likely busy a fair bit of the time, and can’t just drop what he’s doing but I should have taken note then that he wouldn’t be easy to deal with if I had any complaints. He even put the phone down on me once when I interrupted him to (try to) inform him that my petrol van also had an LPG conversion! Something I considered relevant. It was only because of his (or more likely his various Pendle agents) good reputation that I paid him to do the first remap anyway (since replaced elsewhere due to hesitation issues).

So you were better off going elsewhere, and it sounds as if you have a decent map now so well done.

My parents are in penzance and was going to drop by collins on my way down.. Good to hear a positive review.

As for Martin I spoke with him quite a few times and only had positive interactions. I guess the negative are because he is direct and extremely busy.

Back