Remap 204 DSG 4MO - POS and Cons??

TeamD

T6 Pro
Hello

I have a 2019 204 DSG 4MO and thinking a remap for the engine and/or gearbox.

I am not bothered about making the van faster at all, but improved MPG and overall driving experience would be good.

What are the pros and cons to this?

Does it effect reliability?

Never remapped anything before.

Thanks Paul.

Hi Paul, There is a massive amount of discussion and experience on this forum to check out. My ten penny worth will no doubt be questioned but I’ll say this. First of all you can get a “better” map than the factory that covers all parameters. The great thing with turbocharged engines you can achieve a good improvement in torque which will result in a better power delivery. My own preference is to get the remap done on a rolling road and get to watch the various changes in power / torque. If you get the dsg map at the same time you will end up with a really nice drive. MPG? I have never in real world conditions got much more than a couple of mpg more with a remap. For me doing a lot of towing the remap is a no brainier. I’m not going to recommend any tuner because it’s like saying I know the best curry house. Good luck.

If you’re going to get a 204 cxeb mapped then do the sensible thing and get the egr deleted and blanked off before the engine eats itself.
Speak to Chris at Dav-Tec

If you’re going to get a 204 cxeb mapped then do the sensible thing and get the egr deleted and blanked off before the engine eats itself.
Speak to Chris at Dav-Tec
I’m based in the northwest. Where is Dav-tec?

Hi @TeamD we've done @Bigsidavies and @Texxaco, @T6ARF and countless others on here with everything from the 102 manual engine to the 204 BiTdi 4 Motion no problem for us. We don't have a Dyno as there's no need we achieve fantastic results by using live data.

Live data logging Remaps provide several advantages over rolling road tuning. Firstly, live data logging allows for real-time monitoring and adjusting of various engine parameters, ensuring precise tuning and optimization of the ECU. This level of control ensures that the remap is specifically tailored to the individual vehicle's requirements and consistently delivers maximum performance and efficiency. Additionally, live data logging allows for continuous monitoring of engine health, identifying potential issues and preventing any damage or deterioration. Unlike rolling road tuning, live data logging remaps take into account real-world driving conditions, such as load, temperature, and altitude, resulting in a more accurate and dependable outcome. Overall, the ability to fine-tune the ECU in real-time and evaluate engine performance on the road makes live data logging remaps a superior choice compared to rolling road tuning in our opinion.

Hi @TeamD we've done @Bigsidavies and @Texxaco, @T6ARF and countless others on here with everything from the 102 manual engine to the 204 BiTdi 4 Motion no problem for us. We don't have a Dyno as there's no need we achieve fantastic results by using live data.

Live data logging Remaps provide several advantages over rolling road tuning. Firstly, live data logging allows for real-time monitoring and adjusting of various engine parameters, ensuring precise tuning and optimization of the ECU. This level of control ensures that the remap is specifically tailored to the individual vehicle's requirements and consistently delivers maximum performance and efficiency. Additionally, live data logging allows for continuous monitoring of engine health, identifying potential issues and preventing any damage or deterioration. Unlike rolling road tuning, live data logging remaps take into account real-world driving conditions, such as load, temperature, and altitude, resulting in a more accurate and dependable outcome. Overall, the ability to fine-tune the ECU in real-time and evaluate engine performance on the road makes live data logging remaps a superior choice compared to rolling road tuning in our opinion.
That sounds great. Thanks for your reply.

What is the ball park cost for the engine and DSG remap please?

Back