204 remap (likely Revo) - feedback from those who have had it done

t6_tom

Sold!
T6 Pro
Hi,

Got a 2016 T6 204 DSG 4mo Cali Ocean. Pretty keen on getting the Revo stage 1 map done. I really like the look of the extra power and torque across the rev range and it seems and inexpensive way to release potential. Revo seem to do a lot of testing, which is good. Been in touch with my insurance and it wasn't a drama to add it. It would be paired with the DSG update as well.

If I go ahead would be looking to get it done at @BognorMotors , have chatted through with them and they haven't had any problems. I believe them, but also wanted to hear wider views.

As far as user reviews
  • Has anyone had any issues following this remap
  • Did you get the filter, I was thinking I won't as I don't really want to clean it every 12 months, and I'm a bit nervous about having a more free flowing filter for regular driving. Does it make a big difference
  • Has anyone run more than 10k miles with it fitted
  • Did you feel it was worth the money
  • Does anyone have views that a rival remap is better
  • Anything else I should know
Thanks in advance.

I haven't had a Revo map but had a Pendle map on my van and have covered 15k since and had no issues whatsoever.

I would always choose a custom Pendle over a generic Revo but that's just my opinion.

:thumbsup:

I haven't had a Revo map but had a Pendle map on my van and have covered 15k since and had no issues whatsoever.

I would always choose a custom Pendle over a generic Revo but that's just my opinion.

Thanks @CarpyT6 , I have done a bit of reading on the Revo vs Pendle remap debate. What are the pro's of the custom remap? I assume the van get dyno'd either end of the process which is nice to know the actual values. In terms of power / torque did you get more out of Pendle than you would have from Revo, particularly from 2-3k revs. I'm not chasing every last bhp, where I assume a custom map would be beneficial.

I am definitely keen to know that what has been loaded has been thoroughly tested in a variety of situations. This is what makes me slightly nervous about a custom map.

Did you get a chance to drive both and if so did you find the Pendle nicer to drive?

Every van is different and by having a custom map it is tailored exactly to your van. There was no way I was getting a map put on and not having it on a dyno. There's to many limitations on data logging on the road compared to a dyno for me.

Couldn't compare Pendle to Revo as I have the euro 6 102 engine, which Revo don't have the ability to do.

Last edited:

Hi @CarpyT6 - I read this with some interest (and I don't mean to hijack the thread) as I too have a 102 and will go probably for the Pendle mainly because of the issues a 102 has. Can I ask what your final BHP was pls and drivability? I understand the torque curve is modified so it doesn't stress the engine.

Hi @CarpyT6 - I read this with some interest (and I don't mean to hijack the thread) as I too have a 102 and will go probably for the Pendle mainly because of the issues a 102 has. Can I ask what your final BHP was pls and drivability? I understand the torque curve is modified so it doesn't stress the engine.
Final bhp was 159 on my 102, the driveability has improved greatly. Particularly in 4th and 5th. Smoother torque delivery all through the rev range.

As above, I've recently had a 102 remap with Pendle, the Map is based on the vans engine and its setup and not just a generic Transporter Map which may not be suitable.

So for mine it was remapped to 162bhp which is slightly lower than many because my 20" wheels and most likely effected by the fact the previous owner hadnt had a Hunter aligment on the wheels when he stuck 20"s on there ( and they were well out ), if i had known that I would have had it aligned before the map, but I'm very pleased with the outcome and would have preferred it not to be pushed to the limits anyway, apparently they try and work within a golden ratio which i think is 321 Nm ( unless i dreamt that ).

But yeah, improved all round, better power delivery. No more hoping i can get past someone in time, boot it in 4th and it takes off.

Sounds great. I'm in no rush cus I've got a few things pending this year but I think I'll go the Pendle route aswell.

I've run Pendle and Revo maps on my 150 t6 ( both on same van )
Performance wise there's no noticeable difference.Both really good to drive

I was leaning towards Pendle due to the bespoke mapping aspect and ability to run a before/after on a dyno.

But I discovered not too many dyno places are able to run a 4-Motion apart from Pendle themselves who are too far away.

Bognor have worked on my van previously and although they are two hours away I’ve always been happy with their work so chose them to put on a Revo engine map and TVS gearbox map.

I didn’t have the dsg hesitation when pulling away that many owners have, but I did dislike the up/down nature of the gearbox when unnecessarily changing gears instead of using the engine torque to press on up the rev range.

Having both maps done at the same time was like a night and day transformation when I drove home, it was like the gearbox had a new brain and was actually using the newly mapped engine power and torque, no more silly gear selection choices or pointless up/down changes.

I’ve only done about 3k miles in the last 12 months since fitting but I’d still highly recommend Revo and TVS with @BognorMotors doing the work.

My view on air filters is that paper is good enough for factory cars with 3-4-500 horsepower, so other than some added induction noise, I can't see any purpose to spend extra money on them.
True, and a more ‘free flowing’ filter as the marketeers say translates to ‘more shit getting into your engine’.

Nice!

They got plenty out of the engine.

Not that I want too, but how much can be extracted from the 204 simply by mapping?

Nice!

They got plenty out of the engine.

Not that I want too, but how much can be extracted from the 204 simply by mapping?
I was quoted 50bhp it’s transformed the van I don’t thrash it but the torque from low down just makes it effortless to drive now pulls like a train. The main reason I had it tuned at Collins was
A.Pendle agent for a long time
B. 4wd Dyno
Plus they’ve an excellent reputation

I was quoted 50bhp it’s transformed the van I don’t thrash it but the torque from low down just makes it effortless to drive now pulls like a train. The main reason I had it tuned at Collins was
A.Pendle agent for a long time
B. 4wd Dyno
Plus they’ve an excellent reputation

I might be reading it wrong but doesn't your second dyno printout say 274 horsepower?

Back