204 remap (likely Revo) - feedback from those who have had it done

Don't worry about me preaching from the kerbside, so far and bearing in mind my T6 is a modest 102hp camper I've got the B14s, the H&R Arbs, some 18" Momo wheels but feel that asking a 2.5 ton van with a drag coefficient of 3.2 to achieve 60mph in 7 seconds is just cruel... it looks fast hooked up on the campsite... faster than the guy in the Hymer!
I like pootling about in my camper - it is my everyday car too! I find I enjoy a drive more. Yes, I have a bit of oomph when needed but mostly it just feels “cool”.....and, if you feel cool, you are cool!!!

Thanks for your input into the remapping debate. I really appreciate that you've taken time out of your day to tell me what a stupid thing I've done.

It's great that almost every question about remapping (or lowering) is accompanied by a load of replies from people who say it's a stupid idea.

I would like to say I will think about it, but apparently I should be concentrating on my 0- 60 times right now.....
Its just different opinions.
It would be a boring forum if we were all the same. Personally, I like to drive fast. Quite often as fast as the van will go, so a remap for me makes sense.
So far I've just been too tight to have one.

Did they give any indication on what the standard clutch can take in regards to extra power / torque?
Tempted to get our manual 204 mapped, but there isn't much info out there on how well the standard clutch copes..
Hi no and I didn’t ask to be fair

For anyone that cares, having done a bit of driving over the weekend (which is either traffic / average speed camera constrained) mpg seems unaffected, possibly even slightly better.

Still won't be racing any M3's, however it's nice once in a while to be able to drop an over keen ford galaxy.

Do I need a 240bhp camper van, not really. Did I need to change the suspension to make it handle better, not really. Do I enjoy it a lot more now I have - most definitely.

Ahem, I know you think I was having a pop earlier, I wasn't but you've got to be straight, you did need to change the suspension and in your own words that allowed you to carry a lot more speed through corners with the van being a lot more planted.
I was trying to point out that with a completely stock T6 let alone one at nearly 3 tonnes, more power is probably the last thing you need.

Hi Everyone!
Are there any updates on reliability? My local Revo dealer is against the stage 1 remap on my 204 (2016). He says (and he also asked around other revo dealers) that their experience is that engine is mechanically delicate even in factory condition and the injectors are not long-lived.

Hi Everyone!
Are there any updates on reliability? My local Revo dealer is against the stage 1 remap on my 204 (2016). He says (and he also asked around other revo dealers) that their experience is that engine is mechanically delicate even in factory condition and the injectors are not long-lived.

Speak to Pendle and see if they say the same thing. They do more transporters than most I believe, although mines not the 204, I had a pendle map 2 years ago and still probably the best mod I've done to date.

I’d take a Revo over a Piddle remap all day long, tried and tested on 100’s of 204’s.

The injectors are the last of your worries on a 204, egr valve, egr cooler, dpf, crank seal, flexi-pipe will all self-destruct before the injectors ;)

Back