Recall - fuse for electric slider on my May 2022 kombi.

VioletVW

VIP Member
T6 Guru
My van was in with VW Swansea earlier today for a front assist fault. When I arrived they mentioned that there is a new recall on vans made at the certain time. The recall is due to the wrong size fuse being used. I can't quite remember exactly but the fuse is linked to the sliding door mechanism. Apparently a 30 amp fuse was used when it should have been a 5 amp fuse! Not sure how they managed that, the fuses aren't even similar colours

That's interesting as I can recall the fuses in my van not matching up to the diagrams in that area I think. Thanks for the heads up will check.

My van was in with VW Swansea earlier today for a front assist fault. When I arrived they mentioned that there is a new recall on vans made at the certain time. The recall is due to the wrong size fuse being used. I can't quite remember exactly but the fuse is linked to the sliding door mechanism. Apparently a 30 amp fuse was used when it should have been a 5 amp fuse! Not sure how they managed that, the fuses aren't even similar colours
Hi @VioletVW . Could you advise, please;
What year your van is,
Whether your van has a manual, soft-close or electric motorised door?
Thanks
Andy

@Greybeard just booked mine in for a service and they are doing the door fuse recall- mines a 2021 6.1 Highline Kombi with full electric sliding doors.

Did the difference in the fuse create intermittent issues with your passenger electric sliding door opening and closing?

That's interesting as I can recall the fuses in my van not matching up to the diagrams in that area I think. Thanks for the heads up will check.
So checking my notes there is a block of 4 fuses in fusebox SK.
The first thing I noticed when I did my fuse card was that the current flow diagrams show this block as SK5,6,7,8 but on my van it seems to be in position SK1,2,3,4 - I guess this saves having to add the extension frame if that block in the standard frame isn't used.

So I have on my card:
SK5 (1?) 15A Power Latch Right
SK6 (2?) 5A Rear Right Door Protection
SK7 (3?) 15A Power Latch Left
SK8 (4?) 30A Rear Left Door Protection (why not 5A?)

I had noticed the odd 30A vs 5A on SK8/4 but think I had put it down as possibly down to being wrong about the transposed block of fuses.

Does that fit your recollection of the work done on your van @VioletVW ?

So checking my notes there is a block of 4 fuses in fusebox SK.
The first thing I noticed when I did my fuse card was that the current flow diagrams show this block as SK5,6,7,8 but on my van it seems to be in position SK1,2,3,4 - I guess this saves having to add the extension frame if that block in the standard frame isn't used.

So I have on my card:
SK5 (1?) 15A Power Latch Right
SK6 (2?) 5A Rear Right Door Protection
SK7 (3?) 15A Power Latch Left
SK8 (4?) 30A Rear Left Door Protection (why not 5A?)

I had noticed the odd 30A vs 5A on SK8/4 but think I had put it down as possibly down to being wrong about the transposed block of fuses.

Does that fit your recollection of the work done on your van @VioletVW ?
To be honest, they mentioned that a 30A was used instead of a 5A. I don't really know any more detail sorry.

Yes my passenger sliding door has had the flashing light and now it wont close properly its stuck on the soft close…. VW cant find the fault so im trying everything … do you know where the fuse is so i cant try ? I have read somewhere that the fuse on the passenger side is bigger than the drivers so was going to check

Yes my passenger sliding door has had the flashing light and now it wont close properly its stuck on the soft close…. VW cant find the fault so im trying everything … do you know where the fuse is so i cant try ? I have read somewhere that the fuse on the passenger side is bigger than the drivers so was going to check
I've no idea sorry. Possibly under the passenger seat?

Back