Power-closing door problem

n10n

MY18 Caravelle 204 DSG 4motion SWB LHD
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Yesterday my electric slider (ie it has both slider motor and soft close) refused to work with button blinking. I had OBDeleven with me and got the following code:

1696176368437.png

I was able to operate the door manually though so not a real issue although the door is pretty heavy to use with motors attached.

Today, I was able to hook up VCDS and got two faults:

Code:
Sunday,01,October,2023,17:49:03:11176
VCDS Version Release 23.3.1 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64(VMWare)
www.Ross-Tech.com

Address 78: Slide Door, Right       Labels: Redir Fail!
Control Module Part Number: 7E0 959 243 D
  Component and/or Version: Schiebetuer-SG  407 0328
           Software Coding:
            Work Shop Code: WSC 00000 000 00000
                      VCID: 303278AAE621E90ABFB-8065
2 Faults Found:

02364 - Closing Assistance
            012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent
02363 - Motor for Opening Sliding Door (V293)
            004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

I played around with the door and got the motor working, after which I'm left with only 02364 error. The trouble is that when the soft close doesn't play along, the door doesn't close completely. Even if I push the middle door button on dash to cancel out the electrics the door just kind of clunks and I can't push it completely closed.

1696176823432.png

So... obviously I have contact issues somewhere. The trouble is that when opening motor didn't work yesterday I had no problems opening or closing the door. But now with soft close erring, it's much worse as I could not figure out how to close the door - I only got it closed after trying some tens of times.

I even tried to remove module 78 from installation list to get the entire door electrics disabled for time being but unfortunately the door still seemed to operate on electrics, weird.

It might be a little while until I have a chance to start hunting for the wiring / contact issues. Will report my findings here when I do - meanwhile if anyone has any tips on how to override full electric slider for manual operation I would be grateful!

This thread suggests that depowering the door modules for a few days may help - should be able to do that just by pulling fuses?

This thread suggests that depowering the door modules for a few days may help - should be able to do that just by pulling fuses?

Thanks, pulling fuses is indeed a good idea to try out!

I was just staring wiring diagrams trying to figure out if pulling 40A maxi blade from under left seat would be enough - looks like that so far. Seems central locking will go as well but that's ok if I can lock the door from inside.

Pulling the fuse did the trick beautifully, now the slider is completely dead and no errors on dash - at lest so far, I did this literally few minutes ago.

In my van the fuse is the one that sits right behind 643 (trailer) relay looking from the front. No need to remove seat, just pushed it back and it gives enough room to pop the fuse.

Oh and the slider still locks too with central locking

IMG_4179.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve just operated the sliding door manually for all this time. But couple of days ago I popped the fuse back in and now the door just works. The jury is still out if it got really fixed or if it working now is just happenstance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess if it stays working there could be some truth in module reset (thanks @roadtripper!) or maybe there was some moisture where shouldn’t, now dried up. Either way, I’m happy if I don’t have to trace the wires!

I'm happy I could help, but the credit is mostly I joined the dots between your issue and another thread I'd recently read :cool:

Back