Bumpy roads causing slider locks to cycle

jre

Hi all.
Just registered and hoping that someone can help with an issue that has started with my van. I've had a look at previous posts, but can't see any that have the exact same set of symptoms - hopefully, I'm not replicating something that's already been covered.

The van is a 2018 - T32 H-LN TDIBMT4M SA.

In the beginning, I had a flashing orange dash light on the door button, however, the door seemed to operate ok. It might briefly stop during operation but has always completed movement. It also happened on the right side on one or two occasions, but that seems to have gone now. Note - no interior lights on, or display showing the door being open when the orange light was flashing.

This has been going for a month or two. More recently though, when driving over bumps in the road, I can hear the central locking operating, like I'm pressing the lock / unlock button. It seems to only affect the rear doors though, because I don't see the front door locks going up and down. It sounds like it's coming from the back.

I've had a look at the left side motor - no loose connections, and as mentioned the door seems to work fine, so I guess it's not that anyway. The Carista is giving this:

03303 – Feedback lock status, left rear door: Implausible signal
Freeze frame
Priority: 2
Malfunction frequency counter: 7
Unlearning counter: 147
Odometer reading: 89104 km

I've tried to reset the fault, but the Carista came back with something along the lines that it couldn't be reset because there was no comms with the controller. Can't remember the exact terminology. I can check if needed.

I've cleaned the 6 or so contacts on the door and the mating part on the pillar - they were all clean enough anyway.

So - just wondered if there was anything else that I should check or do?

Thanks,
Justin.

Just an update on this:

I went out in it today, and had a better look at what was happening. It seems like the central locking is always trying to unlock all the doors when I go over the odd bump in the road. If the doors are unlocked, I just get the noise associated with pressing the unlock button when the doors are already unlocked. However, if I lock the doors, the next time the fault happens, the doors all unlock (front and back). I wonder why the car would want to unlock the doors? Is it possible that the lock / unlock button might be the culprit? Or - do I need to check the central locking unit (wherever that may be)?
The sliding door seems to be happy enough at the moment - no orange light (flashing or otherwise) being shown today.

Thanks for any input on this.

Justin.

Luckily, the problem seems to have fixed itself.
Good job really, as there seems to be no help here....

Back