Recall - belt tensioner

It was originally an EU5 thing, but ( according to the dealers ) it's been seen on all the variants.

Ahh I see, def no squealing issues then. -2 here today and just took it for its first mot. To be honest I don’t think I can be bothered with the hassle of arguing with them and then getting it to them. It could have been done by the original owner

No idea? All I know is I don’t have any issues/symptoms and vw saying it’s not required. My earlier panic today was when I thought I’d have to pay as I’m 29 days out of warranty

Thanks chaps, aux tensioner is much less risky...

Just an update folks rang the main dealer no recall on the Eur 6 but changed the auxiliary belt and tensioner under VW warranty. Happy with the quiet van .

Called the stealers there and my van isn’t affected by the tension belt recall (or it was done before I purchased it as I’m the 2nd owner - he couldn’t confirm if it had been done but confirmed it wasn’t on the system as requiring it). However the van is due the ecu reprogramme which he called a “fuel campaign”. Said I can get it done free even though I’m out of warranty

Do you have any more details about the "fuel campaign"? My van is also Dec 2015. Thanks

Do you have any more details about the "fuel campaign"? My van is also Dec 2015. Thanks
Im not sure what it is but I suspect its in relation to the Volkswagen emmisions scandal. I used to have an Audi A4 that was affected and I had to take it in for a ECU reprogramme so my guess is that its the same for my T6. Im not going to take mine in though as I am confortable with my MPG and it passed its emmisions on the MOT last week and my thoughts are the re-programme could make it either stay the same or make it worse. Im not willing to risk it.

I was at VW yesterday and asked them to check the recall and they said my van wasn't on the list it's a 2016 plate with no ad-blue....is there a way to check or get them to do it on Monday when it's back in?

Had my euro6 (with adblu) belt and tensioner changed under warranty this week no quibble as it was squeaky when wet.

I took my van after purchase to register as the second owner and transfer the warranty to myself so that any recalls or news comes to me and I mentioned that I heard there has been a recall on belt tensioner issues and once my details were input the guy checked for any outstanding recalls and showed me that this van was not required for a replacement tensioner , more to do with model numbers / chassis numbers etc . . . . . fist service coming up soon , will find out more soon .

I didn't see this thread before I took the van in today for its first service today, I mentioned the belt squeaked a couple of times the other week, they then told me about the bulletin and it's booked in next week to have the work done as I couldn't wait. Bit out of order not letting people know there is a recall on the pulleys, reminds me of my TVR days :D

Back