Recall - belt tensioner

Lee

T6 Pro
Had my first 20,000 service, apparently there was a recall on a belt tensioner, anyone else had this, she mentioned it was an overnight recall, no idea how true that is. Also, one for the mechanically minded... what is it?

A number of Cali's on the other forum have mentioned this on 180s, came out on 17th August.

Loads of t5.1's recalled too. Euro 5 engines I think are all effected
Interesting, I'm assuming VW will be getting in contact? How do we find out if we are affected as I have a euro 5 and had no communications from VW. I'm down there Wednesday so will check then.

Interesting, I'm assuming VW will be getting in contact? How do we find out if we are affected as I have a euro 5 and had no communications from VW. I'm down there Wednesday so will check then.
Thats what I thought, I guess they aren't proactive with these things, just if its in the VW garage then they tell you.

I will have a winge on Wednesday.
Just did a Google search and read that vw are recalling a few of their cars due to an electrical issue causing them to stall. Possibly a similar thing to a few reports of vans stalling.

I will have a winge on Wednesday.
Just did a Google search and read that vw are recalling a few of their cars due to an electrical issue causing them to stall. Possibly a similar thing to a few reports of vans stalling.

I've definitely had that a few times, kicking myself for not mentioning it at the garage, its only done it about half a dozen times in 20,000 miles, pretty scary though, one time I was approaching a roundabout, thing cut out and I frantically had to reach for the key to start it again, granted I was probably doing around 10mph.

Reactions: DXX
Mine could well be affected then. Blooming typical since it was in for warranty work on the 14th August!

Forgot to mention, driving home the orange traction control came on, stopped the engine, turned it back on again and I got this message 'Error: stabilisation control (ESC)', I guess back to the garage :(

From what I gather people have been contacting the dealer and asking or being told when in for other work so far

Mine due it's first service in 700miles according to the MFD, my current mileage is 24000, have I missed something here, is it supposed to be 20000 miles for the first service????

Mmmh, thought so. So if you keep topping up the oil it makes the oil a bit betterer and the service interval will increase, that's a bit poo isn't it.

To put this thread back on track to be about the recall (rather than about oil changes!)

I have just been called by Vindis Northants CV centre, informing me of the recall and wanting my van in quickly. Would appear that it is any transporter with the Euro5 engine (if you have adblue you have a Euro6 so not affected by this). If you've not been contacted by a dealer, get hold of your local one straightaway. From the fact that they wanted mine in pdq, it would appear they are rather concerned about things breaking and a big warranty bill for engine rebuild. Repair will take about 1.5 hours.

To put this thread back on track to be about the recall (rather than about oil changes!)

I have just been called by Vindis Northants CV centre, informing me of the recall and wanting my van in quickly. Would appear that it is any transporter with the Euro5 engine (if you have adblue you have a Euro6 so not affected by this). If you've not been contacted by a dealer, get hold of your local one straightaway. From the fact that they wanted mine in pdq, it would appear they are rather concerned about things breaking and a big warranty bill for engine rebuild. Repair will take about 1.5 hours.
yes, it has been known for the belt to get tangled and rip the cam belt cover off and then the cam belt..

Not heard anything on mine @DaveyB . In fact been to the dealers today to book a service and no one mentioned anything.

It may not show for them unless they log in and run your van through, mine was in for a service a couple weeks ago and when i picked it up they told me they had changed tensioner and gave me an extra piece of paper detailing work done
If its outstanding it will get flagged up when they do service as it gets plugged into computer

Back