Recall - belt tensioner

Right guys I just phoned CarrsVW exeter , she knew all About the recall but checked and said there was no recall outstanding on my T6
I'm confused as I'm sure I'm Euro 5 (no adblue )
Mind you I'm clueless so maybe got it all wrong :cool:

Right guys I just phoned CarrsVW exeter , she knew all About the recall but checked and said there was no recall outstanding on my T6
I'm confused as I'm sure I'm Euro 5 (no adblue )
Mind you I'm clueless so maybe got it all wrong :cool:
It all depends on when yours was built and whether it has the problem part, those built before or after the problem parts was in production won't be affected

just rang VW and I have two recalls!! The Belt Tensioner and reprograms the ECU on a Euro 5 14o T32

I have asked my dealer twice and both times my T6 140 euro 5 registered may 16 is not affected

Mmm mine was registered April 16 and they said it was so may be they fixed it for yours

Took my 140, registered May 2016 for a service today and asked them about the recall. They said they had checked and mine wasn't flagged for recall work.

My 180 registered September 2015 had the recall work completed last week. Perhaps it is the early T6's that have the issue.

My 180 registered in March 2016 does not require the belt tensioner recall according to my local dealer but does have an outstanding pressure sensor change and transmission software update will get it done at first service.

Got the belt tensioner done and Ecu reprogram recalls done at 2nd service.
Nobody could tell me exactly what the reprogram of Ecu involved, but on initial impression, van seems to be running smoother and dpf regen seems less frequent.
My van has been juddery at times, especially when cold- almost like running on 3 cylinders, so hopefully a fix for this. Euro 6 150tdi manual.

Don't know if this is related but my auxiliary belt shredded itself this morning. Lost power steering and alternator. Had my converted T6 3 weeks. Boo!
Been recovered under warranty.
PS just joined the forum this week! Hi.

Don't know if this is related but my auxiliary belt shredded itself this morning. Lost power steering and alternator. Had my converted T6 3 weeks. Boo!
Been recovered under warranty.
PS just joined the forum this week! Hi.
Welcome to the forum @Mark Newman, crap way to start T6 ownership though. Let's hope it's just a minor hiccup and everything to come will be plain sailing.

Someone else on here had a T6 that ate through aux belts. Dealer changed pulleys and stuff after belt number two was dispatched after a few thousand miles.
Losing the aux belt can be disastrous on the earlier 2.0 CR diesels because the belt can be ingested into the timing belt compartment and cause the timing belt to slip or snap. VW redesigned the timing belt cover to prevent this.

The tensioner recall affected my June 2014 140 and it was a tensioner on the auxilliary belt that they replaced.

I previously worked for a company that made diesel engines and there was an issue with belt run off. It was the truck manufacturer that was bending the belt tensioner arms on their assembly line when rotating the arm so that they could fit the belt which caused the issue. Not saying that is the case here, but if you do a belt change yourself, be careful how you rotate the tensioner as the aluminium arm bends with very little effort.

Hi , i no this was a while ago my fan belt shredded on t6 got into timing belt causing it to jump teeth , now cam shaft been replaced woukd this have been a recall issue think i should push for extanded warenty , anyone have info on this thanks

My 204 (Nov 2016) was in for a routine service last week (42k) and the tech picked up on a noisy tensioner, i'd never heard it, but as it's covered by warranty i'll have it fixed.
It's gone in today and had a Aux belt tensioner replaced, that's hasn't cured the problem, so it's now staying in overnight for a tensioner on the cam belt doing, he did say there is quite a few recalls on the tensioners at present. Might be worth a check with you local VW centre, when one fails they tend to make a bit of mess :eek:

All EU6’s are suffering with either aux belt and tensioners squeaking or cambelts and tensioners squeaking. None I’ve seen are resulting in failure, just annoying noises. Yours wasn’t making a peep or we would have done the repair whilst in with us. There is no recall on them, just a TPI as yet

Back