Recall - belt tensioner

I wonder if this is what's making the intermittent squeal on mine. It sounds exactly like a slipping belt, but none of them are loose, and it's only every now and again on start up.

it almost certainly is. Had mine in for a full service today and they replaced the belts/tensioner under recall no extra charge.
I had a bit of a squeak in the morning on startup but not enough to consider it a problem. so wouldn't have known otherwise.
2017 T6 102 manual

How would I be able to find out if mine has had the recall done or not? Thanks

Just had my belt replaced under warranty. 2017 manual 102 engine less than 17k on the clock, was very noisey across the rev range - more so when lifting off the accelerator

Anyone know if relevant recalls for a specific vehicle are posted on Car-Net? There is a notification section and they obviously have the VIN of your vehicle if you are registered on Car-Net.

carnet.png

Had to have my belt replaced at 20000 as is was slipping when wet or damp, belt had started to fray. Covered under warranty when trying to sort adblue fault. That's another thread.

Was told by Vw 2 years ago my van wasn’t in the recall, but this morning I noticed a squeal whilst it was ticking over on the drive. Will be making a call to the dealers in the morning. It’s almost out of warranty, but not quite.

I’ve noticed a loud squealing noise from the belt/tensioner (2017 150 DSG) only had the van since Dec 18 . Do you think I should ring the dealer and report it ? It’s had it’s first service so won’t be going in for another for a while.

Is this the aux belt tensioner or the cam belt tensioner?

Just had mine done yesterday. 140 DSG MY16, not part of original recall so listen out for your engine, especially when cold.

Does anyone know how much the belt tensioner repair would cost when out of warranty? My euro 5 T30 140 was first registered in December 2015 so it’s now over 3 years old :(

Does anyone know how much the belt tensioner repair would cost when out of warranty? My euro 5 T30 140 was first registered in December 2015 so it’s now over 3 years old :(
Called the stealers there and my van isn’t affected by the tension belt recall (or it was done before I purchased it as I’m the 2nd owner - he couldn’t confirm if it had been done but confirmed it wasn’t on the system as requiring it). However the van is due the ecu reprogramme which he called a “fuel campaign”. Said I can get it done free even though I’m out of warranty

Mine wasn't on the system as requiring the replacement but it definitely needed it. I'd insist it was done by them.

I was squealing when cold on a morning. Just tell them it's making a noise, but you can't demonstrate at the stealers because it's warmed up by the time you get there.

Back