T6.1 style taillight comparison: Travelinlite Vs THQ

RobFlynn

VIP Member
T6 Pro
These lights seem so similar. Is there much difference in looks, quality or function? I really want 2x dogs and 2x reverse lights (and no errors!)

Thanks

You won't get 2 reverse lights as the lights don't get wired from factory with wires or LEDs for this function.

However we can highly recommend the THQ ones they're great quality.

These lights seem so similar. Is there much difference in looks, quality or function? I really want 2x dogs and 2x reverse lights (and no errors!)

Thanks
Having fitted both of these, I would say the travelin-lite ones are better and look more OEM than the THQ ones. The THQ ones don’t have the lights wrapping around the sides like the travelin-lite or OEM ones.

If your van is T6 and has led rears from factory then you’ll get 2 fogs and reversing lights anyway if you use the travelin-lite ones.

If it has halogen then you need a loom to get them both working. Travelin-lite will sell the rear lights with the loom as a kit so you’ll get everything you need to do the job.

Last edited:
There's must be different to THQ as last time I spoke to them a customer with halogen lamps wanted this and it couldn't be done as there lights didn't have the wiring. Good to know the other options though

So…
Travellinlite
2x reverse (when wired with loom)
2x fog (When wired with loom)?
THQ
Only one reverse and fog even with loom?

Are the THQ ones less red/more smoked? Hard to tell from pictures on line.

So…
Travellinlite
2x reverse (when wired with loom)
2x fog (When wired with loom)?
THQ
Only one reverse and fog even with loom?

Are the THQ ones less red/more smoked? Hard to tell from pictures on line.
I don’t know about the THQ ones working with the loom, the pair I fired were on an LED van which has that from factory anyway.

The TL ones are supplied with the loom and it’s a doddle to fit. They look almost identical to original VW ones. If you park a van with TL ones next to a van with original ones you’ll be hard pressed to tell a difference.

THQ do three different colours. Red smoke, black smoke and red.

Really pleased with my Travelinlite rear lights having had the same dilemma. Dead quick to install. Just need to get on the floor and run the link loom under the rear bumper, zip tie them and bob's your uncle. 2x fogs and reverse light. Super bright reverse lights for mirror and reverse camera. Like having spot lights on the rear. Also have sweep indicators. Before installing I added some more insulation tape to the wiring + loom to be more resilient to any chaffing or vibrations.

I teamed them up with THQ super bright sweep indicators and Gbrite T6.1 style LED headlights, also with sweep indicators. So as my kids told me, the van is now 'well lit'.

Image of rears is with them turned on in day light. Standard colour not smoked.

IMG_5225.jpeg

IMG_5226.jpeg

Cheers @CarreraRSR, I'd made my mind up on the Travelinlite tail lights. They look great. I then came on here to ask a similar question about headlights - again Travelinlite Vs THQ V3 All Black and find you've thrown a whole 'nother option in the ring.

Cheers @CarreraRSR, I'd made my mind up on the Travelinlite tail lights. They look great. I then came on here to ask a similar question about headlights - again Travelinlite Vs THQ V3 All Black and find you've thrown a whole 'nother option in the ring.

What front lights are those BTW, look great

Gbrite T6.1 look for T6. The seller I bought from seems to be out of stock and has been since October. I was concerned in the purchase heading away from the well trodden path of THQ V3, but I didn't gel with that popular solution. So far they have been on the van for 3 months. Light output has been great and compatible to OEM Passat and Superb Adaptive LEDs. DRL's are also super bright. Sweeping indicators also very bright. So far really pleased and fingers crossed no long term reliability issues going forward. Only thing I would change is the addition of the chrome spears in the lights to extend the chrome grill strip. Not so noticeable with the DRL's on. But noticeable when no lights are on.

IMG_4899.jpegIMG_4894.jpegIMG_4895.jpeg

Back