Retrofit T6 LED tail-lights

I had the bulb warning after installing OEM LED rear lights - same as you in that everything was fine except when sidelights were on. I could not disable the bulb warning with Carista either, but VCDS can code this out.

A bit of background - I had previously changed my H4 headlamps to OEM H7s and installed LED position lamps at the front with no problems. After installing the LED rears I tripped the same bulb warning issue that you have described.

I found that front position lamps and tail lamps share a common circuit; not sure if possible with your headlamps, though in my case just changing out the W5W LED from one of the front position lamps for a halogen original resulted in sufficient current draw to avoid the problem. Once that was known I was able to rule-out any problems with my new LED rear lights and then get the error disabled with VCDS.
Cheers for the info and reply mate, was hoping this would be an easy mod, I knew it was going to easy when I managed to do the pins myself ☺️ might get a visit up to davtec as he seems to know stuff like this inside out

Just thought I'd update the thread in case anyone else has this issue when installing LED original tail lights to a highline with halogen originals, they need coding with VCDS, @Dav-Tec sorted it for me in about 8 seconds so all good now.

What are my options for rear LED light units with twin reverse and fog lights on a T6 tailgate?
I don't mind adding in wiring, I did search the forum but couldn't find the right answer.
Thanks.

Just thought I'd update the thread in case anyone else has this issue when installing LED original tail lights to a highline with halogen originals, they need coding with VCDS, @Dav-Tec sorted it for me in about 8 seconds so all good now.
@Jonwm Does that involve just the tail lights or simply removing the bulb out warning for all lights?

@Jonwm Does that involve just the tail lights or simply removing the bulb out warning for all lights?
Morning mate, I replaced the whole unit from halogen to LED. I needed to change the wiring plug and code out the bulb error
I also have led bulbs in the headlights and they needed coding to remove the bulb error light.

Reactions: DXX
Hi, I have a 2019 Highline camper with std tail lights. I have purchased a set of Caravelle leds from a forum member.
My existing connector is a 6 way in line one but the led lights have a 6 way but 3 pins on either side. I want to re pin it but not sure where to get the new connectors from, can anybody please advise?

Thanks,

Gary.

Hi, I have a 2019 Highline camper with std tail lights. I have purchased a set of Caravelle leds from a forum member.
My existing connector is a 6 way in line one but the led lights have a 6 way but 3 pins on either side. I want to re pin it but not sure where to get the new connectors from, can anybody please advise?

Thanks,

Gary.
Send us a pm, I can price you some up tomorrow.

Morning mate, I replaced the whole unit from halogen to LED. I needed to change the wiring plug and code out the bulb error
I also have led bulbs in the headlights and they needed coding to remove the bulb error light.

Hi mate,

I have a T6 that had factory LED lights but swapped to Factory T6.1 rear lights. I have resistors to stop the indicators fast flashing etc..,,

Is there a way to code out the indicator warning? So I can do without resistors? Had a look in 09 central electronics but everything I could think of in long coding helper didn’t work

Hi mate,

I have a T6 that had factory LED lights but swapped to Factory T6.1 rear lights. I have resistors to stop the indicators fast flashing etc..,,

Is there a way to code out the indicator warning? So I can do without resistors? Had a look in 09 central electronics but everything I could think of in long coding helper didn’t work

Hiya

I'm not technical enough for that mate @Dav-Tec did mine for me after I fitted them!

Back