Hi guys my rear camera has stopped working, just wondered if i may have drilled through the cable, does it run near side or offside from front to back on a 2018 T6 swb? just fitted units and splashback panel behind the drivers seat and secured it with one pin to the d pillar drivers side,
Any help pls guys?

Cable runs from tailgate through the rubber gasket linking to van roof then is in the main wiring loom that straight along passenger side of roof space all the way to the front and down the nearside A pillar into the dash

Cheers Pauly! thanks mate.
Just back from work today and my rear camera has stopped working, parking sensors are fine but "Park Pilot Currently Not Available" is showing, carista has found error code 06720 Infotainment System,was fitting units in at the weekend and worried i may have hit a cable securing the splashback to main bodwork.

Cheers Pauly! thanks mate.
Just back from work today and my rear camera has stopped working, parking sensors are fine but "Park Pilot Currently Not Available" is showing, carista has found error code 06720 Infotainment System,was fitting units in at the weekend and worried i may have hit a cable securing the splashback to main bodwork.

IMG-20190325-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190325-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20190325-WA0005.jpg

No cabling on that side so that can’t be the issue, have you altered any cabling anywhere or had anything else removed ?

I’m going to have to disagree with Pauly, sorry

It runs down the drivers side, it’s more than likely you have drilled through it whilst holding the shelving up

Nothing at all Pauly, wonder if water may have got into the camera, jet wash it evey week! Do you know if there is a fuse for the camera worth checking?

Are you certain Absolut? If so how close does it run to where i have fixed the splashback, is it fused and how do i gwt on now if it is that?

Are you certain Absolut? If so how close does it run to where i have fixed the splashback, is it fused and how do i gwt on now if it is that?

I’m absolutely certain.

The wire will be on the box section for the pop top

8D43B249-6DF3-4410-8B83-2D5E2DB7DD85.jpeg

Sorry mate :oops:, i always thought it was in the main wiring loom that runs down the passenger side but i would go with @Absolut5 on this one he certainly knows more than me on this
Apologies for the bum steer

On a slightly more positive note if the cable is damaged i have an OEM cable that will replace it if required ?

Have you checked the fuse for the camera in the fusebox below the centre console?

Pauly, yes please just not sure now how to get the cable through without causing disruption to the carpet lining, bet my leds on that side will be shot too, gutted, any help please guys!

I thought this first conversion was going too well, was hoping to get it finished for easter too, anyone know which fuse to check, hopefully save me a visit to the dealers,

The main loom on my 2016 LWB T6 definitely runs down the left side at roof level. There is a connecting plug/socket just in front of the 'D' pillar. The tube for the rear washer follows the same route and has a plug together joint in a similar position to the main loom one. I've had a Reimo high roof fitted and have inserted an access hole with cover in the Reimo reinforcement at that point 'just in case'.

Not having a camera I can't say which way that would be wired I'm only saying where my main loom is.

Okay guys, after a very sleepless night, firstly a big thank you to Pauly and Absolut5 for their help last night.

It does looks like I must have drilled through the cable when putting the shelf up, too much of a coincidence for the camera to stop working after fitting units at the weekend.

I Took the shelf unit down this morning first light, hoping that after removal of the screws I may have got the camera signal back as Absolut5 mentioned but no luck there, on unscrewing the screw nearest the Drivers B pillar it did feel and sound like I had screwed into something but I cant be certain.

So, more help please:
My understanding is its only the coaxial cable which runs down the drivers side not the power cable, so no fuse? my miss understanding. What about the cable down the B pillar to isolate the internal alarm sensors? does this go to the front and down the A windscreen pillar, not checked this yet?
Will take Pauly's advise tonight and test the power connection at the back of the camera in the tailgate to check for a permanent negative, live and switched live when selecting reverse.
Will then attempt to get the head unit out to test the coaxial cable at both ends for continuity, never attempted this before will need to get some advice on how to do this first.

I understand the camera connection is called a "fakra" connection. Can I simply buy a roll of coaxial cable route it through as best I can and simply connect one of these into the camera connection:

https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/fakra-c-buchse-25-mm-lang-zum-crimpen-delock-89687-p236072.html?CTYPE=0&MWSTFREE=0&PROVID=2788&gclid=CjwKCAjw-OHkBRBkEiwAoOZql_pA3eb0CFRYKkEqJSCF-3DDaHKYyhD8xub7KIFjOO_MJs3PR903VhoCoskQAvD_BwE&&r=1

Or can I somehow cut and join the cable at the tailgate?

Any help on wheres best to run the cable (damage limitation) Skyline roof fitted, van all carpeted.

On a positive note I won't need to take the van into VW at the moment, was dreading that.

Will post pics up as I go along, but could really really do with your help please guys!

Not sure crimping a fakra plug is an option as would need a very specific crimper, the coax cable is VERY small so the crimps must be tiny

591150CF-4616-47AE-92A2-BA42F560A51B.jpeg

Back