Not sure on Spotify, but my Apple Music works. The nav question is a tough one. If you are building a vehicle, with all the ‘toys’, nav should be at the top of your list. However, I read a lot about the Discover Nav not being any good, and being swapped. Tough call
My thoughts (and concerns) exactly!

Not sure on Spotify, but my Apple Music works. The nav question is a tough one. If you are building a vehicle, with all the ‘toys’, nav should be at the top of your list. However, I read a lot about the Discover Nav not being any good, and being swapped. Tough call
I cannot see the point of paying for the nav built in, I use Waze through the app connect or even google maps, don’t know how much extra the nav is from VW but I can imagine it’s expensive.

I’m the same, Waze for guidance, Apple maps, as a map. It’s about £1500 inc vat. for the option. Mine is free (little bit of free phone data). Screen is a decent enough size. But I’ve never had nav in the van before, so I’m chuffed to bits with mine

I know. Steep upgrade price right?! I might switch to Pure Grey which will then end up making it half price I guess...

That’s how this thread started BognorMotors have the most stunning Pure Grey Kombi. Use that for inspiration, I am. I want those wheels.

That’s how this thread started BognorMotors have the most stunning Pure Grey Kombi. Use that for inspiration, I am. I want those wheels.
Yeah...It's epic! It's a mazing the difference a bit of gloss black and a few other bits make :)

Spotify can be used with Apple car play.

The wireless app connect is only available with the sat nav upgrade, you get a bigger screen too

Our pure grey demo is finally arriving soon, and the big build will start.

Last edited:
Apologies I looked back at my comment on Leighton vans YouTube channel and they did say it's only wireless on the sat nav upgraded unit.

Spotify can be used with Apple car play.

The wireless app connect is only available with the day nav upgrade, you get a bigger screen too

Our pure grey demo is finally arriving soon, and the big build will start.
What upgrades / mods will your new demo have? Can't wait to see it finished. Can you post images along the way please? Thank you

The wireless app connect is only available with the day nav upgrade, you get a bigger screen too

@vwski to your original point about residuals ... the bottom line IMO is what Oli has said above. Yes, you will be using Maps, WAZE, Spotify and other apps over Connect etc but what people want is the biggest screen on the dash. So you need to order whatever VW option gets you the biggest screen.

As a side note, I'm not 100% but I hear the next model year (Sept ?) will have an equivalent of the 'Comfort Dash' option with a new bigger dash screen option and digital instrumentation

What upgrades / mods will your new demo have? Can't wait to see it finished. Can you post images along the way please? Thank you

Hello

It has literally every factory option and we are doing a six seater Caravelle conversion as before , with a vast selection of all the options we do aftermarket. And we will do a build thread

As a side note, I'm not 100% but I hear the next model year (Sept ?) will have an equivalent of the 'Comfort Dash' option with a new bigger dash screen option and digital instrumentation

I’ve not heard anything yet! But to be fair the dealers are so far behind everything presently!

Hello

It has literally every factory option and we are doing a six seater Caravelle conversion as before , with a vast selection of all the options we do aftermarket. And we will do a build thread
Sounds great. Good luck! Do you have any photos or info of your previous 6 seater caravelle conversion please? I haven’t seen that yet. And also any shots of the red mood lighting in this pure grey build? Thank you

They are all on our Instagram, website and Facebook - You will have to have a bit of a trawl through , but they are there

They are all on our Instagram, website and Facebook - You will have to have a bit of a trawl through , but they are there
Thank you. I'll have a trawl around :)
Did you spec factory swivel seats on your new motor? I've heard they have less functionality than aftermarket but again getting an answer is tricky from VW. The upgrade seems very cheap if ordered from factory but seems pointless if you cant raise or lower fully.

Back