Puncture: Replace or Repair?

That's covered in the manual for my T6. I don't think I could lift the carrier back into place without it.

Pete

thats great @Pete C

its not in this version - T6 - T6 Owners Manual

have you got a pic of the book?

what version book and what page is it on?

ill try and get an updated User Guide for the T6.

@Pauly @Loz - do have a more uptodate user guide than the 04.2015 in the downloads section?

1649497049034.png

But . . .

did you know about the tyre leaver and the spare tyre carrier . . . . !!!!

i didnt . .
Can’t say I did. The Jack that should be in the van is in my garage. Which kit did you use in the link you sent over @Dellmassive ?

The tyre repair kits in your post earlier in in thei thread. You show two Amazon links, which would you say is the best?
gotcha . .

i like the Heavy Duty version better . . .

i got one set in the car and one set in the van.

1649498090045.png1649498110375.png

and also as mentioned above i carry the 12v tyre compressor two.

this one is awesome.

1649498229895.png

1649498307465.png

1649498272049.png

1649498110560.png

But . . .

did you know about the tyre leaver and the spare tyre carrier . . . . !!!!

i didnt . .
Didn’t know about that! Thanks. Might see how easy it is to put back.
I carried a brand new spare around with me for 9 years in my Fiat motorhome, never used it.
I think I will still pack the tyre plugger and compressor.

Warning! Monty Python special incoming…. “It Wasn’t the Same in My Day” I always had to improvise as I never had a workshop. So imagine…..a 76 year old man in this position underneath the spare. o_O I’ve even got gearboxes and differentials back by resting them on my chest and taking a deep breath to get them up to bolt height. Long time ago of course but I’m only 5’3” so easier to get doubled up underneath and nowadays I have a trolly jack and stands. However, I admit I didn’t know the T6 lever method and I’ve had the spare wheel off twice this year lying on my back. Having said all that, Murphys Law says my next puncture will happen on a cold wet night when I’m wearing a tux! :grin bounce:

Screenshot 2022-04-09 at 11.33.11.jpg

I had one of those Stop & Go Tyre Plugger kits given to me ages ago but it's sat under the front seat ever since as I've never had to use it (nor have I had to deploy the spare either). Having typed that I've probably put the mockers on myself and I'll get a puncture next time out.

I used one of those kits on a car tyre as it was handy at the time, and I wanted to test out how it worked in case I needed to use it on the van.
Two years later it was still holding air when I had to replace the tyre due to wear.

Pete

Just weighed the wheel and tyre - 23kgs if anyone’s interested.
Now, what can I put in there instead?

I had one of those Stop & Go Tyre Plugger kits given to me ages ago but it's sat under the front seat ever since as I've never had to use it (nor have I had to deploy the spare either). Having typed that I've probably put the mockers on myself and I'll get a puncture next time out.
Set your stopwatch - you’ll need it soon!!!

Having dropped my spare wheel to get to bumper fixing I struggled to get it back It was so heavy. Which lead me to think would I be able to do it at the roadside— answer probably not. So I’ve bought one of these instead.

View attachment 152259

Amazon link

Anyone else dumped their spare?

This ^^^^^^ wouldn't have helped me with this ↓↓↓↓↓

IMG-20220113-WA0006.jpg

And that's why I'm not ready to ditch my spare!!!!!! ;);)

Think I said something along similar lines at the time!!

Brick in the fast lane (song about that isn't there...........?)

Not a T6 or T6.1 or even a VW - but it was a Skoda (am I allowed to stay???!)
Nothing wrong with the VW refurbed Skodas mate. One of the..sorry no... THE most exciting car I ever owned was a Skoda VRS Mk1. A true wolf in sheeps clothing. :sneaky:

Back