Stock wheel /Tyre help

Andy66

VIP Member
Hi all
Bit of a basic question here but I need to replace a couple of tyres but I'm a bit confused with the sizes on my Van. It's a 16 plate T26 S-LINE TDI Panel Van.
On the rear are 205 / 65R16C 107/105T
On the front are 215 / 60R16C 103/101T

The door pillar info does not list the 215 / 60R16C that are on the front so I'm thinking they were ( at some time in the past ) changed from 65R to 60R, Also the spare is the same size as the rear ( 205 / 65R16C ) so if I got a puncture in the front the spare would be no good. So do you think my thinking is correct and I should replace the front tyres with same as the rear ? The only thing I thinking is would it upset the speedo much ?

T6 Wheel.jpg

Thanks
Andy

The OEM tyres will be the 205/65R16 107/105T.

I would choose that size of buying new tyres. Also I would put the new tyres on the rear and the ones that are on the rear now swap to front.

Thats the OEM size so I wouldnt worry about the speedo.

103 rated would be fine - there’s no need to go for a higher rating on a T26

103 rated would be fine - there’s no need to go for a higher rating on a T26
The Van is a work van as well so would probably keep at 107, but yep if not used for work that would be a good shout ;)

Skyliner33, perfect tanks for the replay :cool:
Just to add, if not in a rush you will often find EOM 16" wheels for sale on here with nearly new tyres, for about the smae or less money than buying new tyres. Just worth considering.

Eg:

The Van is a work van as well so would probably keep at 107, but yep if not used for work that would be a good shout ;)
What's the relevance of it being a work van?

Any tyre rated 98 or above is suitable for the maximum load you are legally able to carry in a T26.

Any tyre rated 98 or above is suitable for the maximum load you are legally able to carry in a T26.
Fair enough, i was under the impression a 98 rating is max 750kg and the max load of a T26 panel van was over that.

Back