Cracking 12v Tyre Inflator Pump - Costco -

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Cracking 12v Tyre Inflator Pump from - Costco -

i picked up one of these little pumps at Costco the other day . . . . . .

gota say - very impressed and defo recommended

looks like you can get then on Amazon too if you dont have a Costco card =-]

Amazon - https://amzn.to/35IqbRC

I have the Big T-Max pump which is great . . . . . but you have to connected direct across the battery and run the engine as its 40A pump....

This one is under the limit for 12v sockets so comes with one =]

The lead is long enough to easily reach all the wheels (which my old one didnt)

it comes with all the regular bits and bobs,,

And comes with a nice storage bag too. . . . .

I've been having loads of issues with punctures due to working on building sites recently, so this has been great.

have a look :

20200102_143845.jpg 20200102_153347.jpg 20200102_153352.jpg 20200102_153356.jpg 20200102_153405.jpg 20200102_153428.jpg 20200102_153437.jpg 20200102_153448.jpg 20200102_170726.jpg 20200102_170734.jpg 20200102_170916.jpg 20200102_171029.jpg

LOL . . . . https://amzn.to/2R0JH6s

upload_2020-1-11_16-11-57.png

I got one too . . . . . . . Great pump . . . . but started to find it a bit slow, and it didn't reach the rear with out an extension lead.

Cracking 12v Tyre Inflator Pump from - Costco -

i picked up one of these little pumps at Costco the other day . . . . . .

gota say - very impressed and defo recommended

looks like you can get then on Amazon too if you dont have a Costco card =-]

Amazon - https://amzn.to/35IqbRC

I have the Big T-Max pump which is great . . . . . but you have to connected direct across the battery and run the engine as its 40A pump....

This one is under the limit for 12v sockets so comes with one =]

The lead is long enough to easily reach all the wheels (which my old one didnt)

it comes with all the regular bits and bobs,,

And comes with a nice storage bag too. . . . .

I've been having loads of issues with punctures due to working on building sites recently, so this has been great.

have a look :

View attachment 58054 View attachment 58055 View attachment 58056 View attachment 58057 View attachment 58058 View attachment 58059 View attachment 58060 View attachment 58061 View attachment 58062 View attachment 58063 View attachment 58064 View attachment 58065

I’ve got the older Bon-Aire from Costco and it’s really good. As the motor is torque-y it runs slower so much less noise, vibration and wear than the tiny ones.

TBH Rolson tools are all pretty rubbish and are very usually cheap for that reason. As I've confessed on here a few times, I'm a bit of a moron when it comes to mechanical stuff but I've always believed that cheap tools just ain't worth buying.

Just ordered one.
Bought this one a few weeks ago and used it for the first time yesterday, what a load of crap, took about 20 minutes to increase the tyre pressure by 4psi. Buy cheap buy twice.

I’ve got a Costco one like @Dellmassive but I don’t carry it in the van as space is a premium in my camper.

I bought a BMW tyre inflation kit and took the pump out of that for the van. It’s tiny, but works ok for a tiny pump in an emergency.

@Dellmassive thanks as Im just looking for one but any chance the Costco pump came with a SUP board attachment? Although I guess its easy enough to buy one

No . . . for the SUP you need a different pump. - a High flow pump.

but if you want to use a hand pump fior the main SUP volume, then use this pump for the final higher pressure. an adperter is availbile.

1615400354596.png

we use this one for the AIRBEAM tents we have, but also works for SUP etc. . . . infract we like this pump so much we have two of them . .

1615400397415.png

LOL . . . . https://amzn.to/2R0JH6s

View attachment 58080

I got one too . . . . . . . Great pump . . . . but started to find it a bit slow, and it didn't reach the rear with out an extension lead.

Hi @Dellmassive

Do you think this will work on a Jackery 500?

The one I have (that came with my motorhome) kills the Jackery. It starts up, then dies. If I run it from my "home built" portable box, it is fine (!).

Difficult to work out what the issue is as they are both lithium to 10A 12v sockets.

Thanks
BigDean

Hi @Dellmassive

The one I have (that came with my motorhome) kills the Jackery. It starts up, then dies. If I run it from my "home built" portable box, it is fine (!).

Difficult to work out what the issue is as they are both lithium to 10A 12v sockets.

Thanks
BigDean
It’s normally a peak on the start up that upsets the smart lithium packs.

I sometimes find my Noco won’t start the compressor if it’s connected to a tyre with a high pressure. I start the pump, then screw the hose onto the tyre valve and it works OK.

It’s normally a peak on the start up that upsets the smart lithium packs.

I sometimes find my Noco won’t start the compressor if it’s connected to a tyre with a high pressure. I start the pump, then screw the hose onto the tyre valve and it works OK.

I thought that was on 230v, not on 12v.

Will try that.
Thanks.

Hi @Dellmassive

Thanks
BigDean
i think @Spaghetti has nailed it above.

Air pumps/compressor are motors, so are an inductive load.

that means that they will power surge when starting up.

the chances are your pump is surging above the 10A smart cutoff of your power pack. . . . and that maybe your HomeBrew Battery pack doesnt have the same 10A smart cutoff - but a fuse? as a fuse is a slow blow and doesnt react to surges as fast..

anyway . . . try as @Spaghetti suggested above.

start the pump running not connected to anything . . . then connect the air line.

another trick is to have the engine running (if pump connected to a car/van) as the alternator will boost up the voltage andmake the pump run easier.

FWIW . . . . i normally use a tyre inflator pump connected to the van when engine running.

i use Lithium booster packs and pumps for everything else . .

ie:

SUP
airbeam tent.
kids bikes,
blowup beds,
blowup furnature,
blowup toys etc etc

i think @Spaghetti has nailed it above.

Air pumps/compressor are motors, so are an inductive load.

that means that they will power surge when starting up.

the chances are your pump is surging above the 10A smart cutoff of your power pack. . . . and that maybe your HomeBrew Battery pack doesnt have the same 10A smart cutoff - but a fuse? as a fuse is a slow blow and doesnt react to surges as fast..

anyway . . . try as @Spaghetti suggested above.

start the pump running not connected to anything . . . then connect the air line.

another trick is to have the engine running (if pump connected to a car/van) as the alternator will boost up the voltage andmake the pump run easier.

FWIW . . . . i normally use a tyre inflator pump connected to the van when engine running.

i use Lithium booster packs and pumps for everything else . .

ie:

SUP
airbeam tent.
kids bikes,
blowup beds,
blowup furnature,
blowup toys etc etc
Thanks for that.

Yep, a 10A blade fuse.

Will probably just stick to the van 12v socket....

Thanks
BigDean

I use a mountain bike high volume track pump. No faff with connecting to anything, quicker than a cheap compressor, cheap and reliable. Obviously only any good topping up rather than starting from scratch

Back