Puncture: Replace or Repair?

I had a piece of flint, in a similar place. The man at ATS said no!!!:(

Absolutely not. Far too near the edge. The repair needs to sit flat. Fingers crossed it hasn’t actually gone in.

there is a slot at the bottom, so it doesnt pull back out.

more info here: (and video)

1622640855738.png

Hi @Loz
Never used repair strings, when you push string into tyre and twist then pull out, doesn’t the auger pull the string back out because it’s threaded through the eye when going in ?
no, there is a slot in the top of the Auger and the string gathers up on the inside and then you twist the auger and it just pulls out leaving the string.

Having dropped my spare wheel to get to bumper fixing I struggled to get it back It was so heavy. Which lead me to think would I be able to do it at the roadside— answer probably not. So I’ve bought one of these instead.

1649495042245.jpeg

Amazon link

Anyone else dumped their spare?

Having dropped my spare wheel to get to bumper fixing I struggled to get it back It was so heavy. Which lead me to think would I be able to do it at the roadside— answer probably not. So I’ve bought one of these instead.

View attachment 152259

Funny as I was thinking the same only the other day. My spare is there but it would be no use as I am on 20’s.

Be interesting to see what everyone’s thoughts are, especially if you have larger aftermarket wheels fitted.

No, but have got / used the repair kit. . .

But . . .

did you know about the tyre leaver and the spare tyre carrier . . . . !!!!

i didnt . .

Obliged to carry a full sized spare wheel when towing, I believe. Happy to be corrected

View attachment 152259

I assume you carry a compressor too?
I carry my spare wheel but I also have a kit similar to yours, which I have used in an emergency, but I then needed to reflate the tyre, which was almost totally flat. The 12V compressor that I carry was fine for that, and I knew that the cable would reach the rear wheel.

this . . . .

1649495669641.png

goes in here . . .

as a lever to lift up the heavy spare wheel.

basically a long bat that adds leverage . . . to lift it up./

++++++

1649495560536.png1649495619164.png

++++

not done it myself . . .

but noticed it the other day when i had out the tyre doing the tow bar install . .

1649498349607.png

Last edited:
i never knew . . . over 10years Transporter ownership,

and probably over 20 spare wheel changes. . . !!!

no told me, and its not in the owner guide either.

+++++++++++

i just saw the tyre support bar . . . and thought,

why would they press that steel into that shape? - it looks like it takes a bar or something.?

then the penny dropped.

+++++++++++

Back