Propex HS2000 and it’s feed voltage..

Have you reset it and tried again ?
I had this after not using it for some time.

Pete

Yeah I pulled the fuse a couple of times but same issue each time. Annoying to say the least

Don’t pull the fuse - I don’t think that clears the fault. There is a set procedure in the manual.

Pete

Ours wouldn’t fire at Xmas. We hadn’t used it for ages, it was cold, and we had replaced the gas canister in the meantime. It took 3 attempts to get it to run - I think the software/firmware is a bit cautious due to fire risks etc.

Pete

I’ll have to try and see if I can download a manual as wasn’t aware of a reset procedure. Mine didn’t come with a manual. Thanks for the info

Full instructions attached (hopefully)

Pete

Attachments

• HS2000-from-Dec-2015.pdf
    402.1 KB · Views: 14
Follow the bit at the bottom for gas lockouts.

Pete
Thanks Pete, I followed that earlier but it didn’t seem to clear the fault. That’s why I ended up pulling the fuse. I’m going to go and give it another go shortly and see if I can get it running

All I can say is thank goodness mine is working. Currently lying in my van since the Premier Inn we booked into as a family stunk of drains. Daughter had a shower, then we found out why it stunk, water starts sleeping out from under the bath.
No more family rooms left! So kids and wife in a double (one of them is sleeping on floor rolled up in duvets, and i’m in the car park.

Thanks Pete, I followed that earlier but it didn’t seem to clear the fault. That’s why I ended up pulling the fuse. I’m going to go and give it another go shortly and see if I can get it running

That sequence should clear the fault. It may re-occur when you try to run it again though. Just keep trying.

Pete

Moved the van into the garage there to get out the cold. Tried to use the heater again but this time it was 1 flash which means flame error. Its definitely getting gas as the hob works fine and the hob is a tee off the heater feed. Followed the reset procedure tried again - got 1 flash again - reset again - 1 flash again - reset again - now getting a solid red light. Reset doesnt clear it (on/off/on) and either does removing and replacing the fuse. Ill phone propex on Monday and see if they can offer any advice :(

All I can say is thank goodness mine is working. Currently lying in my van since the Premier Inn we booked into as a family stunk of drains. Daughter had a shower, then we found out why it stunk, water starts sleeping out from under the bath.
No more family rooms left! So kids and wife in a double (one of them is sleeping on floor rolled up in duvets, and i’m in the car park.
Not good @DaveyB !

Well that was quite a test. Got -7 overnight. Heater was flicking in and off all night, and I stayed nice and toasty. There was ice on the inside of the windows this morning though.

Well that was quite a test. Got -7 overnight. Heater was flicking in and off all night, and I stayed nice and toasty. There was ice on the inside of the windows this morning though.
My fear at the moment is that propex won’t be able to sort my issue over the phone and I’ll have to make a 1000 mile round trip to them

My fear at the moment is that propex won’t be able to sort my issue over the phone and I’ll have to make a 1000 mile round trip to them
Yep, sounds ominous. It’s not something daft like the in-line isolator on the gas pipe that is on the heater side of where it tee’s off to the hob, has accidentally been turned off???

What is the LED doing now ?

Pete

Solid red light and cant clear it. Will have to phone Propex in the morning

Yep, sounds ominous. It’s not something daft like the in-line isolator on the gas pipe that is on the heater side of where it tee’s off to the hob, has accidentally been turned off???

I didnt bother putting an isolator in. The supply comes from my regulator straight into a solenoid valve (connected to a switch inside the van so that I can isolate it when not in use) and from there tee's into the heater and my cooker. The cooker is getting gas and working so the Propex has to be getting gas. No idea what is going on now.

Propex heating and leisure are in Ringwood, Hampshire. Does anyone know if there are any approved installers further north? (I suspect that I will have to go to Propex though if I cant get it sorted but its about as far away as possible from me)

Back