Propex HS2000 and it’s feed voltage..

Do you need to run the heater when you are driving?

Pete
Occasionally, yes - cold mornings it’ll heat the van quicker than the heater will, if it’s very cold and passengers in the rear can’t feel the heat from the front (which is often too hot for the front occupants) or just before stopping somewhere to set up.
That or running it with the engine on, to give the leisure battery a boost.

Just to add to this, I have a little more info. Having just installed a CTEK 250SE B2B and AGM battery I am having the same issue. (I will fit a voltage stabiliser, so that I can use it on the move). I have spoken to Propex and they have NOT cured the issue on the unit itself and themselves recommend a stabiliser/rectifier or a switch for a simpler solution, but confirm that the unit should be okay to 14.5v without showing an error which would tie in with an earlier post.

With the CTEK you can "set" the input voltage by not connecting the black wire which is the AGM setting which allows the charger to charge at 14.9v, whereas omitting this forces the unit to charge at the bog standard 14.5v which won't (shouldn't!) activate the over voltage protection.

For anyone wanting to reset the error codes, it is simple but not widely publicised- switch the unit (either analogue or digital) off and on 3 times and the codes are cleared, thereby enabling it's use.

Bit of forward progress. Called Propex and they informed me about a reset button on the unit itself just above where the electrical connector plugs in. I hadn’t noticed this previously. This has cleared the solid red light fault and it’s no longer bricked. I’m now getting a combustion error but Propex have said the air inlet and exhaust pipes should be between 150mm and 300mm apart, whereas mine are about 1m apart. When I get home tonight I I’ll move them closer together and then hopefully I will get heat
I

I have the same perm red light and cannot reset by the on off etc. Is there a reset button in the unit itself, some have said on the pcb board?

Back