Price of diesel in your area?

snap 133.9p DERV

Texaco St Katherines Dock - London.

1620750801523.png
1620750765766.png

some of it must be mark up - they all get charged the same tax...
Refinery cost plus duty which is approximately 59p per litre then wholesale markup then retail markup all plus VAT, yes the more you buy the cheaper the product slightly, then there is quality. It all starts off the same but each brand has its own additives (£)before delivery that's why supermarkets are cheaper no additives. So long as the product is within the lower and upper parameters. So that's is why there is a price difference you get what you pay for most of the time. Fair enough some will get the cheaper product and sell for more.

I believe some of the difference is due to the distance from the refinery to the fuel station - obviously if the fuel station is closer to a refinery the transport costs are reduced compared to a fuel station that is hundreds of miles away from a refinery. Fuel is a heavy product that is costly to transport. That's what I've previously been told, might be nonsense but it seemed logical to me! :slow rofl:
That sounds logical, but it clearly doesn’t work that way. Stations on the Isle of Harris in the Outer Hebrides and on the northern tip of the Isle of Skye were both around cheaper than Aviemore. Our local place has upped their game to stay in the competition and is now 134.9p for regular diesel. It is obviously just down to what each individual place can get away with

133.9p per litre! I know that prices do go up and down a bit but they are pretty stable at the moment. It really hacks me off me that our local filling station, BP in Aviemore, are just taking the p***. The next nearest garage which is a small independent are 128.9p, and BP 30 miles up the road in Inverness is 127.9p. Even on the Isle of Harris last week it was under 130p!

Despite the price there is often a queue. I guess that any business will charge what they think they can get away with, but this is ridiculous and really punishes the locals

What does everybody else pay locally? I’m not including supermarkets which are always cheaper.
£120.7 Asda, Astley Bridge Bolton

Dorchester today.....£136.9 but it's been this for weeks, doesn't seem to change that much, not much competition other than supermarkets the other side of townIMG_20210513_065439.jpg

I’ve been stopping at a services on the M54 recently and I was shocked to see diesel at £1.509 last Saturday

£1.34.90 here in West Midlands also at a BP garage. Sounds expensive but my fuel card seem to not mind

1.43 for Vpower tonight

I know of BP Ultimate uprated diesel - any other brands to try?

Back