T6 Legend
First off all
Happy New Year to all

Do any one out there use a planar heating system
Are they good or bad ?

At moment we just use a small fan heater and carnt justify approx £1000 fitted

Thanks in advance
Andy :rolleyes:

They certaibly look good and have a 10% offer at the moment. Meaning they are £720 fitted. i can let you know after Friday morning when its fitted.

Well I have had my Planar diesel heater a week now and it's great. The fitters were brilliant and fitted the new silent fuel pump which I cannot hear at all. I think all diesel heaters take a few minutes to get going, but once it is, the van gets toasty.
It's got a 7 day timer which will come into its own these frosty mornings.

I am near Reading. I chose to get the main dealers to fit mine in Wrexham. It was a long drive, but local fitters wanted over £50 more and the van for longer. With the extra discount it worked out well for me and I knew that they had the experience and parts to do it quickly and well.

First off all
Happy New Year to all

Do any one out there use a planar heating system
Are they good or bad ?

At moment we just use a small fan heater and carnt justify approx £1000 fitted

Thanks in advance
Andy :rolleyes:

Hi We have a Planar heater fitted in 2017 it works well and its fairly quiet but I can’t understand the setup, the books rubbish so we have a short video which helps just. If we used it more we’d get used to it but so far not used in anger.
I wouldn’t buy again as it takes room up under the bed and so far 52 nights without a need for it

Hi We have a Planar heater fitted in 2017 it works well and its fairly quiet but I can’t understand the setup, the books rubbish so we have a short video which helps just. If we used it more we’d get used to it but so far not used in anger.
I wouldn’t buy again as it takes room up under the bed and so far 52 nights without a need for it

So
@MickW you would say a £20 electric fan heater would do for most

Andy

I agree the timer is not intuitive, but I have got my head around it now. Apparently there is a new touch screen version on the way, which is much better.
They put ours under the van outside so takes up hardly any room at all.

So
@MickW you would say a £20 electric fan heater would do for most

Andy
I depends on when you go and where, were travel in the UK and Europe but not normally in the winter.
Not buying the heater would save money, space and allow more storage, our van is well insulated and were happy with a cooler bedroom. Even wifey agrees (unusual)
Also we have a short wheelbase so space is king on a long trip

I agree the timer is not intuitive, but I have got my head around it now. Apparently there is a new touch screen version on the way, which is much better.
They put ours under the van outside so takes up hardly any room at all.

Probably better for most ours is fitted and we won’t move it, if we use it in 2019 the weathers been crap

i plan to have one installed eventually, under the van... with only the pipe coming on into the cabin.

That is the Chinese Ebay advertising for you, they are ripping off Webasto, Eberspächer and Planar left, right and centre. I had someone ask me to have a look at/overhaul his Planar, lo and behold it was one of the cheap and nasty Chinese copies. I don't think that Planar have the financial clout to be able to tackle the problem and get it stopped.

I was really tempted by the cheap chinese copies, then realised there were no safety certificates and no comeback on a product that mixes fuel and carbon monoxide and decided that £400 want much to pay for my family's safety.

I was really tempted by the cheap chinese copies, then realised there were no safety certificates and no comeback on a product that mixes fuel and carbon monoxide and decided that £400 want much to pay for my family's safety.

Yes my thoughts as well
Would use fan heater instead
Money not the issue

Andy

Good evening,

kust wanted to ask for some advice regarding the Planar heater.

I am getting one fitted this week hopefully, can they be fitted with a timer that can be set to turn on prior to me getting in my van, so say 15 minutes before I’m due to leave for work. Or is it just a standard switch.

I’ve got a timer wired to the Planar in my camper which will do what you want.

Thanks ayjay, was that in with the unit or something you had to purchase separately, and if so can you tell me where to get one please.

It comes with a control panel and timer, I paid extra for the modem which means you can control everything from the app. I never used the control panel on the T5, just switched it on all the time from the app. Had one installed last week on my T6 at Wrexham fitting centre.

Back