Night heater - questions on this fitout

Would it be possible to fit it under the passenger seat, it does swivel, but looks the same amount of room. Cheers for the input

Would it be possible to fit it under the passenger seat, it does swivel, but looks the same amount of room. Cheers for the input
It should be possible to put the heater under the passenger seat yes. Someone will probably be along shortly to show you a photo of theirs under the passenger seat. Personally I would explore external under the drivers side and routing the duct outlet somewhere sensible. Can you see any of the seat base from the rear?

Backtracking to the 1st post - very low heating ability. Are you heating outside air - where is the intake for the heating air?

Personally I would undersling the heater then you can bring the duct up underneath a unit along the offside ( if your units would suit this ).

It should be possible to put the heater under the passenger seat yes. Someone will probably be along shortly to show you a photo of theirs under the passenger seat. Personally I would explore external under the drivers side and routing the duct outlet somewhere sensible. Can you see any of the seat base from the rear?
The drivers side there is no rear seat view due to the water tank.
Passenger seat there is a wooden panel cheers steve

Backtracking to the 1st post - very low heating ability. Are you heating outside air - where is the intake for the heating air?

Personally I would undersling the heater then you can bring the duct up underneath a unit along the offside ( if your units would suit this ).
The heater itself sits under the drivers seat at the moment no vent or intake pipes are used, the lack of heat is due to it pointing 3.5" from the water tank and the seat is right back almost against the tank so the heat after the water tank has had its warmth can only come out past the heater to the floor where the brake is, i hope that makes sense

Cheers

The drivers side there is no rear seat view due to the water tank.
Passenger seat there is a wooden panel cheers steve
I know it seems to be extra hassle but the consensus from those of us that have done it is to go for an external heater and as @oldiebut goodie has said duct your heat in somewhere.
This could even be under the passenger seat.
Externally it’s just a bracket bolted to the van chassis. It will be a lot quieter and out of the way.
Looking under the seat from the front can you just see the heater inlet? It may/should have a square grille on it.
Not something you want to suck a tissue into.

I know it seems to be extra hassle but the consensus from those of us that have done it is to go for an external heater and as @oldiebut goodie has said duct your heat in somewhere.
This could even be under the passenger seat.
Externally it’s just a bracket bolted to the van chassis. It will be a lot quieter and out of the way.
Looking under the seat from the front can you just see the heater inlet? It may/should have a square grille on it.
Not something you want to suck a tissue into.
As the dealer bought the heater doubt he will buy another for external
Yes it's just the heater it's self that's there can see the intake grill. Cheers

As the dealer bought the heater doubt he will buy another for external
Yes it's just the heater it's self that's there can see the intake grill. Cheers
It would just be moving that heater unit. Going to be much the same level of hassle to put it outside or under the passenger seat.
I sympathise with having to deal with it all though.

With your furniture/tank set up , we would have fitted the heater under the vehicle, hidden the exhaust silencer for a neat installed plus less chance for it to get ripped off

plus would have shown you options where the outlet would go.. all in all a easy installation ..

if you get no joy we can move it etc for you

So dealer says installer has given me 2 options
Run the pipe to the back of the van,
Near the rear speaker but will loose an elastic netting, and heat too I suppose
Or
Out beside the handbrake at the side of the drivers seat pointing towards the back as the vent is angled
apparently that's all my options as it is a 2kw heater
any thoughts on this please. Thanks. Steve

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Just for info have you tried asking Danbury where they would have fitted it if there had been one specified on the original build?

So dealer says installer has given me 2 options
Run the pipe to the back of the van,
Near the rear speaker but will loose an elastic netting, and heat too I suppose
Or
Out beside the handbrake at the side of the drivers seat pointing towards the back as the vent is angled
apparently that's all my options as it is a 2kw heater
any thoughts on this please. Thanks. Steve
Does beside the handbrake option involve cutting a hole in the seat base? I would be very wary of doing anything like that for crash worthiness reasons. Maybe it can be done without cutting metal.
As you have already worked out, the longer the outlet pipe under the van the cooler the output.

"As you have already worked out, the longer the outlet pipe under the van the cooler the output."

Just enclose it in Thermoduct, you will lose next to nothing with or without it.

Back