Operation B14 has commenced

I've been following this thread very carefully as I am thinking of buying B14s with ARBs . Currently got a 180 DSG T30 on 50mm eibachs on 20" 35 profile tyres. I've covered 55 k so far and Find the ride a bit hard and crashy over bumps .
In everybody's experience of the above set up would they recomend changing to the above and what price would I expect to pay . Is there any company's selling and fitting in the North West .

Hi Yes boy , I am running Custom vanz 50mm springs on standard shocks on 275-35-20 tyres with no rubbibg , decided to change to 40 profile on next set . The 40s rubbed on full lock so changed back to 35s again ,

expensive mistake .

Was the ride quality much different between 35 and 40 profile I just can't get the load rating with 35 tyre!!

I've been following this thread very carefully as I am thinking of buying B14s with ARBs . Currently got a 180 DSG T30 on 50mm eibachs on 20" 35 profile tyres. I've covered 55 k so far and Find the ride a bit hard and crashy over bumps .
In everybody's experience of the above set up would they recomend changing to the above and what price would I expect to pay . Is there any company's selling and fitting in the North West .

It seems that if you have t28 or t30 it's sounds like the best set up and have no issues with load ratings
As for places to fit I'm still very new at this myself and are in Essex and there is nobody local to me
I think I might have to travel to a big VW show to get some more ideas

Was the ride quality much different between 35 and 40 profile I just can't get the load rating with 35 tyre!!
Didn't notice a great differance but there was more oversteer when pushed round tight bends . Thought they looked crap compared with the 35s more more agricultural.

@Chriswhit, the vast majority of folk who have done the swap to B14's appear to think it is money well spent, with only one person reporting differently. I am one of the happy ones as was on 30mm Eibachs and also found them crash on standard shocks. In time I may well add the updated ARB's into the mix. In terms of cost most places are selling at £1100 to £1200 inc fitting. I believe the most northerly place I have seen this is vanstyle in the Nottingham area.

You can get a 103 load rating on a 275/35/21 tyres but not on a 275/35/20 so if you have a T32 that rules them out.

You can get a 103 load rating on a 275/35/21 tyres but not on a 275/35/20 so if you have a T32 that rules them out.
Totally agree with @StudleyGlass, couldn't believe when I saw a T32 sat on 21's sporting 103 weight rated tyres that were 35 profile, but you can't get the same rating and sidewall on a 20"??? Bizzare.

I think its down to the car requirement, the 21" are for Bentleys etc. so they need the weight ratings

@Chriswhit try Home , I used them when lowering my T5, not too far from you either.

Funny you should say that about Bentley's, because they were the Bentley rims from CustomVanz :thumbsup:

I did think the would have been, i did look at them but i could not decide. I would like to see them in the flesh first.

Funny you should say that about Bentley's, because they were the Bentley rims from CustomVanz :thumbsup:
Yes Bentley used to fit 20" wheels that used a Pirelli 275/35/20 103 they now fit 21" wheels so Pirelli stop making them
Porsche Cayenne has 295/35/21 107 !!!
Why don't they make them in 20"

I've admitted defeat on 20's with a T32, and gone down to 18's this weekend.

I had 275/35 without rubbing, but not load rated @ 102 - so not legal.

While the 18s don't look as cool, the noise level, the pickup, the ride and the steering are all so much better. But most importantly with a DSG - I'm back within the VW warranty!

B14's have totally transformed my van. The ride is 1000x better than standard.
Delighted that you like your new suspension
Mine has DCC with 20mm Dynamic lowering, so it is different to yours as standard i.e. without the 20mm lowering.
I"m fascinated that you find it so much better, because virtually every write-up you read regarding other luxury cars and SUV's, they have a DCC system fitted, I accept some also have Air suspension as well.
It's just that I find my suspension is the biggest improvement I have over my old T5.
I know that you can run the vehicle lower for aesthetics with B14.
I really must have a drive a T6 with B14's, have you had H&R ARB upgrade as well?

Last edited:
I've admitted defeat on 20's with a T32, and gone down to 18's this weekend.

I had 275/35 without rubbing, but not load rated @ 102 - so not legal.

While the 18s don't look as cool, the noise level, the pickup, the ride and the steering are all so much better. But most importantly with a DSG - I'm back within the VW warranty!

Have you got standard suspension ? 30mm or B14's

I may go done the B14 with ARB and keep my Springfield 18" until I find a set of 19" that I like
I think 20" are off the list now
I did sit in the back of ours today with the kids and I found it quite bouncy so deffo getting the lowering kit done

Have you got standard suspension ? 30mm or B14's

I may go done the B14 with ARB and keep my Springfield 18" until I find a set of 19" that I like
I think 20" are off the list now
I did sit in the back of ours today with the kids and I found it quite bouncy so deffo getting the lowering kit done
You could always go 21's

Have any of you guys on B14s tried using those ramps you get that you drive up onto? Will they clear the front bumper? I need a solution to work under the front of the van to install a propex heater. When my van is on axle stands I still don't feel safe underneath the front for some reason

Back