B14s And H&r Arbs. Just Fitted.

KernowMax

8B88B75D-8BF1-4D66-B5E2-D99D1C15361E.jpeg C3AD07E3-C94C-49FA-8A4D-A977AE5E5022.jpeg Hi all,
I’ve just had this set up fitted. I had B14s on my old T5 and really liked them.
So, when it came to getting my T6 closer to the ground, I ‘Mmm’ed and Rrrr’ed’ quite a bit. I felt like I’d tried Bilstein, and maybe should go for something different.
I seriously considered the SoLow kit, but came to the conclusion that the highest setting was as much as I’d ever want to go.

Anyway I went for the B14 again....and my man maths told me that if I was prepared to pay £1300 for the SoLows I should get the ARBs with the Billies...!?
So I had them fitted the end of last week. Drive home, great. Next day started getting knocking!!
Phoned the fitter, says the H&R ARB cane missing the D bushes for the front one, and they’d fitted the old bushes. So I thought that’s where the knock was coming from.

I got the right bushes and the guys fitted them. But it turns out the wishbone bushes had destroyed themselves!!?
One day after the coilies were fitted?! It went back for bushes. Done.

All that aside...the guys said that it was at its lowest before the ARB starts to hit...and the rear wouldn’t got down anymore with hitting the bump stops.
I don’t really understand, my old van was down all the way on the front with no problems?
Are they just being cautious ?

(Sorry I rambled a bit there!)

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

What size wheel are you running? Same size on both vans?

Has your van done many miles? Think the bushes could already have been shot?

My van is running B14 and ARB as low as they they will go without any knocking.

There have been a few threads on here regarding knocking B14s. I think it was something fitted upside down. A quick search will bring up the answer I'm sure.

There have been a few threads on here regarding knocking B14s. I think it was something fitted upside down. A quick search will bring up the answer I'm sure.
If not upside down, didn’t @CALLAKN have problems with the mating of the strut to the chassis - something to do with notches creating a gap?

As @Ed Webb says, searching ‘B14 knock’ will find that thread.

Thanks for the replies guys. Just looking at that Knocking thread....and I think mine have been fitted upside down!!!!!

The adjuster is at the bottom...can anyone confirm the adjuster should be at the top?!

It assembles like this:

23-jpg.42303

From top to bottom:

Rubber isolator
Threaded boss
Adjuster ring
Adjuster ring
Nylon isolator
Spring
Lower spring seat

These are mine fitted by a reputable company no knocking and handles and rides like a dream
20190826_154906.jpg

Is it me or would that upside down rear spring not wind down a shed load more, put another way it's nearly as high as it could go?

Your brake pipe looks like it’s in the coil spring...
It's just the angle the photo was taken, you can see were I wiped off the dirt to check and this has made it look like its trapped in the spring, but it's all good. The amount of time my wheels are on and off, being changed, gives me chance to check things over

It's just the angle the photo was taken, you can see were I wiped off the dirt to check and this has made it look like its trapped in the spring, but it's all good. The amount of time my wheels are on and off, being changed, gives me chance to check things over

Ok...

Just thought il check.. as the picture does make it close very close... but I’m sure you would have spotted it anyway

Back