Operation B14 has commenced

Have any of you guys on B14s tried using those ramps you get that you drive up onto? Will they clear the front bumper? I need a solution to work under the front of the van to install a propex heater. When my van is on axle stands I still don't feel safe underneath the front for some reason
One way @xpfloyd to ensure that you can get onto those ramp stands is to use two short scaffold boards or other substantial planks to extend the ramp length. Mock it up and put an appropriate block under to fill the gap between the ramp slope and board/plank so that the ramp stand isn't pushed away.

Should be no problem for you, despite my poor expanation I'm sure you'll get the intention.

Hmm , maybe I just need to get over my irrational fear of the axle stands failing and the van squashing me

Hmm , maybe I just need to get over my irrational fear of the axle stands failing and the van squashing me
Alternatively @xpfloyd, put boards or blocks under the raised wheels and chock those on the ground as a safety backup to the axle stands and then you have belt and braces :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. Use axle stands at least 3ton rated, preferably 5ton.

Mine rolled up a 4post ramp when I got it laser aligned after the B14's went on. Scaffold board to roll onto first, no problems.

Hi low are you going the need for scaff boards ?
It's a van not a sports car !!
I can't but wonder we think these vans are the dogs but all we want to do is modify them to look better !!!
At least with the V class you can't spend any extra time and money on them but just drive a enjoy yourself instead !!!!

It's a van not a sports car !!
Mine isn't a van either it's a camper but with regards to lowering mine is 60mm but that's got nothing to do with being a sports car, it's to improve the ride, which it has done. It also looks far nicer imo instead of big arch gaps. The knock on effect is trouble getting onto steep ramps but I can live with that for the other benefits

Mine isn't a van either it's a camper but with regards to lowering mine is 60mm but that's got nothing to do with being a sports car, it's to improve the ride, which it has done. It also looks far nicer imo instead of big arch gaps. The knock on effect is trouble getting onto steep ramps but I can live with that for the other benefits

Yes I definitely want to close the gap in the arches but if I'm keeping 18" I don't want the top gap looking a lot less than the sides, it looks best with all equal size if I get lager wheels then can take it down that extra inch hopefully I just don't want the wheels to rub and even more not to spoil the ride comfort
I can live with the ride I already have but just less roll in corners I don't want it to stiff it drives like a mini or BMW I really want a Mercedes feel
We all have different ideas that's what makes them unique but with people's information and guidance we all won't waste our hard earned cash

I can't believe it makes it that low have you got a large front apron fitted ?

@YESBOY I cant reply to your PM for some reason but I got mine fitted at Vanstyle for £1099. Top class service and would def recommend. Took about 4 hours

@DaveyB, I've been checking out some different systems through Bilstein. Gotta say, I'm confused (not hard)

Anyway,

Why B14? Is it the best for transporters? I've been reading up on the B16 system and it gets a great write up. Also I like the fact you can change modes through a push of a button.

@DaveyB, I've been checking out some different systems through Bilstein. Gotta say, I'm confused (not hard)

Anyway,

Why B14? Is it the best for transporters? I've been reading up on the B16 system and it gets a great write up. Also I like the fact you can change modes through a push of a button.

So B16's are not available yet they are the same set up as B14 but there is 6 clicks of making them slightly softer or 6 clicks of making them stiffer ??
So the Verdict is out as to all you B14 owners
Would you like the ride a little softer ?
So those 20" wheels didn't seem to harsh

So B16's are not available yet they are the same set up as B14 but there is 6 clicks of making them slightly softer or 6 clicks of making them stiffer ??
So the Verdict is out as to all you B14 owners
Would you like the ride a little softer ?
So those 20" wheels didn't seem to harsh
Ah I see, thank you. I was reading a post on another forum about a guy that has fitted them to his BMW 3 Series. He was totally blown away. His write up actually sparked my interest in the first place. I can't say I was overly bothered about any modifications until I read up on the B16s.

If your local come and have a go in our demo and you'll see what all the fuss is about. We've fitted two sets today

Ah I see, thank you. I was reading a post on another forum about a guy that has fitted them to his BMW 3 Series. He was totally blown away. His write up actually sparked my interest in the first place. I can't say I was overly bothered about any modifications until I read up on the B16s.

I've spoken to a few people and most say how far do you go before putting it on air instead and that the B14 rides really well and it's just another thing that will go wrong and may cease on onif not used
If your local come and have a go in our demo and you'll see what all the fuss is about. We've fitted two sets today

I've spoken to a few people and most say how far do you go before putting it on air instead and that the B14 rides really well and it's just another thing that will go wrong and may cease on onif not used

Bognor you are about 2 hrs away from me wish you was closer for a quick test run
Do you run 18" for a comfort reason or more to do with speedo and gearing on hire vans ?
Thanks

It'll be a worthwhile trip!

And on our latest hire 'pimped' kombi we are running 20's and Bilsteins!

Obviously 18's will be more confutable, but don't look as good ;-)

We run the correct tyres so speedo reads correctly

Back