Operation B14 has commenced

Only 20" rated for the T6 at 817kg, 19" not quite high enough ... this was what they told me during the query stage.
I will use these for the summer and then revert back to the black 18" t5.1 sportline wheels which I have from the old kombi during the winter months.

Only 20" rated for the T6 at 817kg, 19" not quite high enough ... this was what they told me during the query stage.
I will use these for the summer and then revert back to the black 18" t5.1 sportline wheels which I have from the old kombi during the winter months.

Load rating on wheels needs to be 860kg for t32

pictures are above, I don't have time to go measuring mm of suspension drop during a working day, sorry ; )
That picture was taken the same day as the suspension was fitted, the rear has settled now and the van is sitting on a more level plane, I actually liked the slight rake stance to be honest.
I do suspect I will have to raise it back up 10-15mm maybe when the wheels arrive, luckily its too new to have seized suspension bolts so the geometry part is fairly quick even if we do raise it again.

pictures are above, I don't have time to go measuring mm of suspension drop during a working day, sorry ; )
That picture was taken the same day as the suspension was fitted, the rear has settled now and the van is sitting on a more level plane, I actually liked the slight rake stance to be honest.
I do suspect I will have to raise it back up 10-15mm maybe when the wheels arrive, luckily its too new to have seized suspension bolts so the geometry part is fairly quick even if we do raise it again.

So I'm getting know where fast when it comes to lowering and wheels !!!
I think I've spoke to most transporter workshops and a few top wheel retailers around the country to try and find what suits the van and is legal with t32
So I either go with sportline springs and existing Springfield 18" wheels or sportline wheels doesn't affect warranty or insurance looks ok rides ok being a Caravelle with the extra weight
or B14's and 20" wheels with 4o profile tyres to get load rating but every wheel guy I've spoken to wouldn't advise 40mm profile with 20" wheels it throws the speedo/gearing and overall wheel radius out soo much
B14's with 18" wheels will look stupid in my eyes
So I'm going to sit on the fence a little longer
(19" with 40 profile is the only legal safe option)

@YESBOY I have 20 inch alloys and they are rated to 860kg (although I only have a T30). I also have B14s and I'm lowered 60mm. They are BK Racing 170 8.5J 20" ET40 with 255/40 R20 101XL Tyres. Due to them being 255 and not 270 the side wall is still 100mm high. No rubbing issues either

Would that not work for you? Or are the tyres under rated for a T32?

Here's a pic

34704509670_c8b0538ff4_h.jpgVWT6-6.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr

Last edited:
So I'm getting know where fast when it comes to lowering and wheels !!!
I think I've spoke to most transporter workshops and a few top wheel retailers around the country to try and find what suits the van and is legal with t32
So I either go with sportline springs and existing Springfield 18" wheels or sportline wheels doesn't affect warranty or insurance looks ok rides ok being a Caravelle with the extra weight
or B14's and 20" wheels with 4o profile tyres to get load rating but every wheel guy I've spoken to wouldn't advise 40mm profile with 20" wheels it throws the speedo/gearing and overall wheel radius out soo much
B14's with 18" wheels will look stupid in my eyes
So I'm going to sit on the fence a little longer
(19" with 40 profile is the only legal safe option)

After having 20's and a coilovers previously I personally reckon 18s and B14's are the ideal setup up for me, no gearing issues/rubbing and comfortable ride with reduced body roll. Check out @DaveyB van, its looks spot on.

@YESBOY I have 20 inch alloys and they are rated to 860kg (although I only have a T30). I also have B14s and I'm lowered 60mm. They are BK Racing 170 8.5J 20" ET40 with 255/40 R20 101XL Tyres. Due to them being 255 and not 270 the side wall is still 100mm high. No rubbing issues either

Would that not work for you? Or are the tyres under rated for a T32?

Here's a pic

View attachment 9752VWT6-6.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr

Looks very nice and sits well
yes the 255 doesn't give the correct load rating for t32 it needs to be 103 Pirelli used to make a 35 load rated but stop making them !!!!
I'm told that most wheel manufacturers only get there wheels tested to 760-815kg because that's the market and doesn't mean to say they wouldn't pass 1000kg but I'm sure the insurance/police won't see it that way !!

IMG_5524.PNG
Even 245/45/20 make the overall tyre size massive and rolling circumference so far out !! But I think this is the only option if you want 20" wheels

After having 20's and a coilovers previously I personally reckon 18s and B14's are the ideal setup up for me, no gearing issues/rubbing and comfortable ride with reduced body roll. Check out @DaveyB van, its looks spot on.
Thanks @DaveBos, I was surprised the visual difference that the B14's made to the 18's.

I thought it didn't make any difference to what brand long as it's 50 mm drop you have issues if you fit 20'" wheels with 40 mm profile tyre ?
Hi Yes boy , I am running Custom vanz 50mm springs on standard shocks on 275-35-20 tyres with no rubbibg , decided to change to 40 profile on next set . The 40s rubbed on full lock so changed back to 35s again , expensive mistake .

It's the offset that's more important: I have 20s and 40 profile and lowered 60mm and zero rubbing (since I have a suitable offset)

Back