Oil Extraction Pumps

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Has anyone got any recommendations for oil extraction pumps? Now, I'm a firm believer in dropping the sump plug to do an oil change but I always seem to spill at least some oil so I'm thinking of getting an extraction pump to pump most out before removing the sump plug.....and I think it would make disposal easier too. I've been looking at the Sealey TP69 or the Pela 6000.
Thoughts would be appreciated guys.:thumbsup:

I use one of those Sealey ones (it was about half the price as in a different manufacturer's box) and they are great to be used as described by mopardave. Out with the dipstick, feed in the pipe, pump it to get the vacuum and whilst it is sucking the oil out get on with swapping out the oil filter and also get underneath and remove the cover ready to drop the last few ml into a drain bucket. When it gets to about 5 litres, pour into an container (or in my case the feed tank for my workshop heater) and then refit the hose and re-pump to get last last few litres out. Although sometimes you get the pipe in just the right place and only get a few drips out of the oil drain, other times there could be 1/2 litre still in there so definitely worth pulling the drain plug to make sure.

If the oil is warm it gets sucked out very quickly but I've used it on cold 20W50 from a different vehicle and it still gets it out, it just takes a lot longer. Definitely something you'll buy and wish you had bought years ago!

.... for years for the oil change, I use a Valex pump, it is cheap but it works well, it can pump all the oil, until the last drop. a recommendation, to do the job with a warm engine, it will be better

I have one of these: Expert Manual or Pneumatic Oil Extractor 77057 OE2 | Draper Tools

It is manual and pneumatic so if you have a compressor it saves slot of manual pumping. Used it for several years now.

I had to make up a longer extension suction tube for the T6 CAAC engine because the originals did not reach the bottom of the dump.

It gets a full 7 L of oil out the T6 so don't worry about sump plugs and removing engine covers. :thumbsup:

Diverting slightly, whats the size of socket required to remove the oil filter. My engine is the CAAB with the filter access from above and at the front. Is it 32mm or 36mm or another size?
I was thinking of getting this oil extractor. The hose length may be a tad short though for the van?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07P5WYGGD/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1YG3OI0209X9T&psc=1
That'll do it, you connect the hoses together, obviously not down the dip stick but as close as you can to it.

I've used a very similar (looked pretty much identical) one on the T6 no problems

I have one of these: Expert Manual or Pneumatic Oil Extractor 77057 OE2 | Draper Tools

It is manual and pneumatic so if you have a compressor it saves slot of manual pumping. Used it for several years now.

I had to make up a longer extension suction tube for the T6 CAAC engine because the originals did not reach the bottom of the dump.

It gets a full 7 L of oil out the T6 so don't worry about sump plugs and removing engine covers. :thumbsup:

Im looking at one of these.....ToolStation sell them. Draper Expert Manual / Pneumatic Oil Extractor

what / how did you use/make the extension suction tube?

got any pics?

Im looking at one of these.....ToolStation sell them. Draper Expert Manual / Pneumatic Oil Extractor

what / how did you use/make the extension suction tube?

It is cheaper on Amazon ;) Draper 77057 Manual and Pneumatic Oil Extractor https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002R89GPS

I made the extension from some similar diameter white nylon air control systems pipe and just joined it to the original translucent pipe with a rubber cable protection sleeve which happened to be the right diameter. Make sure it is a hard nylon pipe because the hot oil will soften polyurethane pipe too much.

The extention is long enough to go to the bottom of the sump with the join above the dipstick tube so no problem with it becoming disconnected out of sight! (sorry, not near the unit at the moment for any photos).

Hope that helps.

Has anyone got any recommendations for oil extraction pumps? Now, I'm a firm believer in dropping the sump plug to do an oil change but I always seem to spill at least some oil so I'm thinking of getting an extraction pump to pump most out before removing the sump plug.....and I think it would make disposal easier too. I've been looking at the Sealey TP69 or the Pela 6000.
Thoughts would be appreciated guys.:thumbsup:
I bought a cheapo Clark pump from Machine Mart last year when I overfilled them van and CBA to put it back on stands. Anyhow. I used it this year and it removed exactly 7 litres (CAAC engine) in a little over 10 minutes, which was sufficient enough time to make a brew.

I always wonder if the sudden rush of 7+ litres of hot oil out of the the sump plug hole will take any debris laying around with it?
That did cross my mind. Wouldn’t call it a sudden rush, mind, but debris could definitely be left behind.

I have a filter mag on the motorbike oil filter, which I took off my L200. Shame the filter on the van is in plastic housing

In other news I filled up with some Ceratec and that’s made a big difference to noise.

Just bought a Sealy extraction pump for 27 quid. Looking forward to try it. Didn’t really mind using the manual I have got but I want to get rid of it, it takes a lot of space in the garage.

Just bought a Sealy extraction pump for 27 quid. Looking forward to try it. Didn’t really mind using the manual I have got but I want to get rid of it, it takes a lot of space in the garage.
I’ve just seen your action shot and it looks like your Sealey unit is the same as my Clarke unit. Makes oil changes a lot slicker (ok I’ll get my jacket)
Bought oil extractor pump and 10L of castrol professional.

5000 miles oil change.
09882-ed4-b1-db-4821-b4-b5-dca77-b9-ebf52-jpg.167909
View attachment 167909

I bet they are all made in the same cinese Factory :)
27 quid seems reasonable for a brand very good at customer service and they never failed me over the years.

Back