Odd Oil pressure settings

antos

I've had the dreaded flashing glow plug light for 3 months and been chasing faults to no end and the one fault that's not gone is the oil pressure switch malfunction which have been changed x2 green and brown and oil regulator. also had the sump dropped to check the filter and pump belt all good so mechanic done a pressure test today and and the readings where as follows
Engine temp 80c
brown at idle 1.7 bar
And At 2000 rpm 2 bar
Engine temp 50c
Green at idle 1.6 bar
And at 2000 rpm 1.7 bar
Is this a possible pump issue or possible a blockage some were
Van is 2017 T30 T-LN TDI BMT S 7 SPEED DSG 150000 miles
Any info would help thanks anto

Looks like the oil pressure regulator is regulating the pressure. To understand the results need to know also status of oil pressure regulator.

The engine has a dedicated self-test diagnostic routine for oil pressure regulator. Described in the thread below (by picture 5)

Thanks I'll past it on to mechanic and what type off computer is needed to do this test is it something I can buy my self for further issues not that I will

Reactions: mmi
Thanks I'll past it on to mechanic and what type off computer is needed to do this test is it something I can buy my self for further issues not that I will
A VCDS interface cable is the key thing. The software itself runs on (almost) any Windows computer - still even supporting Windows 7.

I would think having a good diagnostics tool would be quite a time saver (and money too) as there is a lot that can be done to narrow down possible fault cause. A collection of things already done for T6 this far here: [T6_measured] -series

Back