Norway Adventures...............

And how's the van behaving?
Haha that's my holidays for the rest of the year all gone...... Yeah few more mackerel on the smoker tonight. Van doing good, hardly know the caravan on the back, loads of them over here too. Had a few waves.

Ha ha ha... A spare Mackerel could be hidden in their van when their not looking!!
Have to confess I was very tempted to dump the fish guts in the rocks beside them and bring all the seagulls in to annoy them. Been parked up next to Dutch, swedish, finns, Norwegians and Danish and had the crack with them but the Germans just don't get it and no sense of humour.

End of the line, now in Tromso and not venturing any further north. Tomorrow we head south and east into Finland, then it's Sweden and abisko national park. Norwegians seem to like old American cars, this one belonged to last night's camp site owner. Few more pics around Tromso and we sat and watched this sea eagle ripping a fish he'd caught apart, stunning birds

DSC02903 (2).JPG 20190814_121314 (2).jpg DSC02915 (2).JPG DSC02907 (2).JPG

Oh and had the oil light come on in the van, checked level and it needed a top up. Two litres of oil cost me £59.00 ☹️

End of the line, now in Tromso and not venturing any further north. Tomorrow we head south and east into Finland, then it's Sweden and abisko national park. Norwegians seem to like old American cars, this one belonged to last night's camp site owner. Few more pics around Tromso and we sat and watched this sea eagle ripping a fish he'd caught apart, stunning birds

View attachment 49018 View attachment 49019 View attachment 49020 View attachment 49021

Oh and had the oil light come on in the van, checked level and it needed a top up. Two litres of oil cost me £59.00 ☹️

Gulp - especially in an oil nation !!

Gulp - especially in an oil nation !!

Yep, expensive all round, £10 for a guinness....
Gov’t has a 1 Trillion oil fund investment for future generations but the ones who generated it get bugger all back.
Beautiful country though.

What’s the route?
Ferry from hull to Rotterdam, drove to hirsthals in Denmark, ferry from here to larvik in Norway. Did the western fjords up to flam and geiranger, trollstein, Atlantic road and then up to trondheim. From here worked out way up to Bodo, ferry from here to moskenes on lofoten. Spent a 5 days in the south, moved up to Svolvaer, few days here and the drove up through lofoten to Narvik. Narvik to Tromso, from here into Finland for a day, now in abisko national park in Sweden. Basically starting to work our way back south. If I'm honest Narvik, Tromso I would miss out, didn't do it for me. Finland and Sweden nice so far and much cheaper than Norway.

Back in Trondheim tonight, really starting to feel it's homeward bound now. Another cheeky wee fishing session for supper, freshly smoked mackerel. Getting to like this hunter/gatherer way of life, seems to taste so much better
IMG_20190821_180747.jpg

Sounds like your having a cracking time. And if you have footage of you going over the handlebars, get it posted!! :D

Back