Norway Adventures...............

It looks awesome and inspirational, you must be covering some distance each day, whats your average daily mileage? And what speed can you cruise at? I ask this because i have T5 150 and a very small caravan. When im towing i constantly need to remind myself that 60mph is the legal limit, not 70 plus as the t6 tries to dictate!

It looks awesome and inspirational, you must be covering some distance each day, whats your average daily mileage? And what speed can you cruise at? I ask this because i have T5 150 and a very small caravan. When im towing i constantly need to remind myself that 60mph is the legal limit, not 70 plus as the t6 tries to dictate!
It's been a brilliant trip, really helped by some amazing weather. So far we are at about 4000 miles and still in Norway so a bit to go before we get home. Speed limit in Norway is usually 80 kmh but it varies you can spend ages at 60kmh out in the sticks if there are villages. Quite a few speed cameras about as well. The adaptive cruise control been a real advantage. Defo recommend it, it's just not cheap and fuel varies, usually dearer in big towns and cheaper in the country. We'll set up for wild camping too plenty places with WC and bins etc.

Cracking few days in Oslo with a former work colleague, lovely city to visit and I'm not usually ones for liking cities. Oslo up there with Sydney as a favourite. Deep depression now as we are out of Norway and well on our way back to catch the ferry back from Europort to Hull on Thursday night. Been an absolutely stonking trip
20190825_130928 (2).jpg

No mate we did the drive right down sweden, crossed the bridge into Denmark, bloody long way and these bridges are bloody expensive☹️. Impressive engineering though and quite surreal coming off a bridge and the road disappearing down a tunnel.

Just back from a work trip to Tromsø. I was wishing for my van while there so I could get out of town a bit. The town is ok, but as always, much better if you have a local to host you and show you around.

Saw a few T6’s done in swamper style with the big rally driving lights mounted in the grille. Quite like that look. I dread to think what a new T6 goes for up there though.

So that's Norway and the Lofoten's done, just a smidgen under 6000 miles from door to door. Totally knackered but an absolutely superb trip, just dreading the credit card bill and our road toll bill for the roads in parts of Norway.

Anyone thinking of this trip, I'd defo recommend it but you do need deep pockets, I reckon all in our trip cost us about £4k for everything. Be prepared for some long days of driving, just getting to Norway to start with is a fair trek. So wish there was a ferry from Aberdeen to Bergen or Stavanger make it so much easier.

Pleased with how the van performed, dsg and adaptive cruise made it so much more relaxing, don't think we would have the enjoyed trip so much had we been in the defender. Average mpg with the caravan was around 28mpg, although we did drop to 22.6mpg one day where we had some steep ups and downs.

Time to start planning the next trip...………..

After spending some time with work in Bodo and Stavangar last year I decided I need to go back their with the family and this thread may be just the catalyst I need to convince my lovely wife that it's a good idea! Glad you have enjoyed it and loved the idea of catching your dinner! It's an expensive place but absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the blog.

Pleasure, it has been on my bucket list for a long time and it more than surpassed our expectations:). My other half has to take the credit for the pics, not me, I was just the driver. One thing we have started to do after a trip like this is to use the best pics to make up a hard back book and get photobox or the like to print it, great to just go and pick them up from the book shelf every now and then and just re-live the experience, somehow looking at pics in an actual book is far better than just on a pc screen. Can see this this trip running into more than one book...……..

Back