Norway Adventures...............

Truly stunning pics and on my to-do list.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

No worries, so far it's been a fantastic trip. Just a bit painful in the wallet when you go shopping....... Defo recommended though.

Looking fantastic, Norway adventures also on our to do list now.
Looking forward to seeing more

I worked out of Norway for years, for the most part it’s a beautiful unspoiled wilderness which is hard to match. Good quality outdoor clothing and mosquito protection is a must.
If you have a limited budget take as much food and drink as you can fit in the van as everything is very expensive.
Be aware of the daylight hours available, midsummer in the north is permanently light and likewise almost permanently dark in the winter.

What's the temperature like? Looks an epic trip and great adventure that you'll remember forever.

Awesome pictures, please keep posting them and a report on your trip and van.

I worked out of Norway for years, .......... and mosquito protection is a must..

Is there a particular time of year for the mostquitos or all summer long? What do you use for protection?

From my experience the mosquitos are worse than in Scotland from May to August, in extreme cases use a wide brim hat with a net and a high DEET skin product like Autan.
They’ll even eat your face when riding a motorbike! Protection is cheap and takes up very little space.
Winter temperatures in the shade down to -23 deg C, summer temperatures in the North in permanent summer daylight can hit the mid 30’s.

Reactions: XZO
So the van got a bit of a rest today and it was bike and a bit of a hike, worth it for the views. It is a beautiful evening here so plan is a quick dip in the sea, just so I can say I've swum in the sea above the artic circle, won't be any pics as won't be a pretty sight.......

IMG_20190806_122916.jpg

IMG_20190806_123438.jpg

IMG_20190806_122922.jpg

Norway and lofoten just keep giving, superb day again, hike this morning and then stopped off at this spot for a wee bit of fishing off the rocks on the way back to campsite. 20 minutes later had these bad boys caught Within half an hour they were in the smoker and were damn tasty. Cheapest supper we've had since we got here........

DSC02870 (2).JPG
DSC02872 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Awright Pal? Your trip looks absolutely amazing, that is something that i definately have to do now.. Your photos are great! As above, keep posting! Will catch up when your back!

Awright Pal? Your trip looks absolutely amazing, that is something that i definately have to do now.. Your photos are great! As above, keep posting! Will catch up when your back!
Just ace mate, this is such a stunning country. Off out to see if I can catch some fish for tonight's supper. Give you a shout when we get back in a few weeks time.

Good luck with the fishing! And 5 weeks is brilliant... Ya lucky @#$%.. :D

Back