New van delivery charge?

Kips

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi everyone.

Long term transporter owner, never purchased a brand new van, however thought I’d take the plunge this time and order a new T6.1 from VW Sheffield.

The colour and spec I fancied was luckily already in the UK. York to be precise. Due to collect early September. Received documents from VW to sign and seal the deal and standing out like a sore thumb was a £640 ‘delivery’ charge?! To be fair I thought I was getting a good deal with the final price anyway but minus £640 would be a whole lot better!

Is this normal? Or do I need to have a word?

Thanks

You could always go to Germany and collect one yourself. But as you want one already in the UK, the dealer has already paid to have it brought here.

I don't think £640 is too bad to have a two tonne vehicle transported 500 miles.

delivery charge has always been added to the cost of a factory built van. ( on the 3 vans I've ordered)

but . . .

if its already built?

and in the UK?

then its parts of the dealers stock? . . . . so i suppose its fair . .

JUST MEANS YOU SWERVE THE 16WEEK BUILD TIME. and get it sooner?

Cheers guys.

Fair comment on the shipping from Germany. I obviously got the wrong end of the stick with the van already being in the UK. I was thinking York to Sheffield for £640 was a tad steep! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The delivery charge, covers, delivery to the dealer, pre-delivery inspection, number plates, cleaning etc. It’s normal on all new vehicles. I’ve no idea, why it’s not all incorporated into the price, would make things a whole lot easier

agreed . . . suppose it makes it look cheaper.

PITA though.

There’s a separate £36 charge for number plates.

Like I said I’m happy with the deal, the guy I’ve been dealing with was spot on, and after a bit of back and forth I agreed on a price that was cheaper than anything I could find online.

Now begins the fun of the conversion!

Don’t expect to come properly cleaned from JTC600 Sheffield
There useless

The new accessory catalogue was launched which has some 6.1 bits in it.... more spending!!

The new accessory catalogue was launched which has some 6.1 bits in it.... more spending!!

Just had a quick look, that’s dangerous!

This did catch my eye though as there is currently limited front end options for the 6.1

7BECDA54-647E-42F7-B97E-C97537071BB6.png

Yep, saw that too .Says it’s by ABT. Lousy photo, just wondering if it’s the same as the ABT one that’s out now. Expensive compared to T6 spoilers, but, that’s the price we have to pay for a new model:rolleyes:

Don’t expect to come properly cleaned from JTC600 Sheffield
There useless
I’d be asking for it to be delivered uncleaned if I was in your shoes. Then I’d have it PPF wrapped or ceramic-coated.

Yep. I think it looks epic on in grey with the de-chromed front end

£1200 primed. Ouch!

Quote from Leighton for their own version £1450+vat. Painted fitted and grill black glossed.

Either way a fair price to pay for a front end

Back