T6 Delivery Issues

woodi

Anybody else out there waiting for delivery of a new T6? Ordered a brand new fully loaded Kombi early Feb and dealer still has absolutely no idea when I will get it. All they seem to know is that they believe it went to build early April and is now standing in a field somewhere near the port of Emden, Germany held up by emissions testing! In truth they seem to have no clue as to its whereabouts as at one point I was told it was in transit to the UK and expected to arrive at end of April. What the hell is going on?? At this rate it going to be overtaken by the face lifted version!

Anybody else out there waiting for delivery of a new T6? Ordered a brand new fully loaded Kombi early Feb and dealer still has absolutely no idea when I will get it. All they seem to know is that they believe it went to build early April and is now standing in a field somewhere near the port of Emden, Germany held up by emissions testing! In truth they seem to have no clue as to its whereabouts as at one point I was told it was in transit to the UK and expected to arrive at end of April. What the hell is going on?? At this rate it going to be overtaken by the face lifted version!
When I placed my order I used to track it's progress using VW Commercial site and chatted to advisor giving them my order number.

Ordered mine and two others from work in first week of work this January. T6 Kombi highlines with double sliding electric doors and some other nice extras. Was given build week 15 and it’s being delivered to me on Friday this week 31st.

Given this news yours can’t be too far away especially as your build week seemed to be close to mine. I’d call the dealer and get a status.

If it's any help I ordered mine on the 1st march (actually ordered it earlier but there was an issue with the config) and I collected it last week, got a call mid April to say it had gone into build, and last Monday to say it was in Grimsby.

There was then a lull until the dealer called me Thursday to say it had arrived in Manchester, and the dealer turned it round in 24 hours so I drove home in it on the Friday afternoon.

There was a complete lack of ability to pinpoint where it was while it was in the logistics chain so much frustration until it actually arrived and the sales guy had a resigned tone to his voice every time I rang, surely it's not such a dark art tracking delivery?

Hello, just pick this thread up... what's the latest / usual time for getting your hands on your van from when you hear the build week? I've just been told it's being built this week... 2 weeks ahead of the initial build week date given. Thanks for any info/experience.. also tips on what to do pick up! anything to really look at check?

Hello, just pick this thread up... what's the latest / usual time for getting your hands on your van from when you hear the build week? I've just been told it's being built this week... 2 weeks ahead of the initial build week date given. Thanks for any info/experience.. also tips on what to do pick up! anything to really look at check?
Stating the obvious really but check for any damage whilst its been in transit, that all options are fitted and that you have the spare wheel.

Stating the obvious really but check for any damage whilst its been in transit, that all options are fitted and that you have the spare wheel.
Cheers Garny... its the first time I've bought a van/car new... I just know I'm going to be a bit giddy and would drive off without checking anything! HA

Cheers Garny... its the first time I've bought a van/car new... I just know I'm going to be a bit giddy and would drive off without checking anything! HA
I was just the same, dont let the salesman rush you because any damage after leaving would be hard to prove if they wanted to be funny about it. It doesnt take any more than a few minutes to check it over. Good luck with it all, I am sure everything will be fine.

Go to pick up the van with a printout of your order form & invoice. Check off everything. I’ve had 2 brand new VW vans & both had bits missing from the factory. I walked out of the showroom when I went to pick up the last one & left it standing there. The factory had missed off the power latching on the side door.

Back