New Recall: sliding-door seals

M40CCA

T6 Pro
Just called into vw van centre and have just been told of a recall that's has been issued from today (lucky eh)
It's the seals on sliding doors and rear boot lid are letting water in.
Mine is booked in for tomorrow
I'll let you guys know so more info tomorrow, not sure if it's just in the caravelle or transporter also

The year and model of your van would be good info for the rest of us please.
If it's one with barnboors and they have actually fixed the leak it would even better.

It's a 2019 caravelle exec, I havnt noticed a leak I just went in for a noisy electric side door, but the recall he said was for water leaks on the seals which may damage motors so maybe that's what its already done damaged my motor

I'm back there at 8am in the morning so I'll ask more questions regarding effected models and post back

Watching with interest as I have leaking a sliding door and a tailgate. But I'm out of warranty, so I wonder how that will go?

Watching with interest as I have leaking a sliding door and a tailgate. But I'm out of warranty, so I wonder how that will go?
I will ask the question tomorrow for you mate what model and year is yours?

They should honor it I would hope so, especially if they know there is a fault
Hopefully

Yes, so would I but I've had experience of VW and issues out of warranty before. It wasn't good. Hopefully commercial are better.

Hopefully

Yes, so would I but I've had experience of VW and issues out of warranty before. It wasn't good. Hopefully commercial are better.
I asked the question for you mate and there is no problem with it been out of warranty a recall is a recall whatever the age of van

Just called into vw van centre and have just been told of a recall that's has been issued from today (lucky eh)
It's the seals on sliding doors and rear boot lid are letting water in.
Mine is booked in for tomorrow
I'll let you guys know so more info tomorrow, not sure if it's just in the caravelle or transporter also
Which van centre fella?

Reactions: Eli
Back