Leaking rear door

Just back from a camping trip with the family and had a downpour last night. Woke to find everything in the back corner ‘wardrobe’ cupboard wet. Have looked everywhere for the source of the leak and nothing super obvious. The only thing that looks like a culprit is the rear curtain rail seems to push the rear door seal up and create a break in the seal at each end, and looks like water might be dripping in at each side… has anyone else seen a similar problem?? Our van is a camperking with a tailgate.
Thanks in advance!!!

Seen this a couple of times, with regards to actually leaking.. and seen the potential for leaks on plenty of other vans.

We’ve only had the van 2 months and I guess the weather has been relatively good during that time so maybe we wouldn’t have seen it. I’m guessing the solution is to take the curtain rails off and shorten slightly and reposition so they don’t interfere with the seal - seems like a basic thing that should never have been allowed Tom happen…

Oh, an probably replace the seal as it looks like the rails have been pushing against them for a while (presumably since new, the van is 5 years old but new to us) so has caused dents in them

I recently had this same issue on both sides.

Turned out the lining had been taken over the seal and was acting like a sponge when it rained.

My curtain rail also pushes on the seal but doesn’t let water in.

IMG_9844.jpeg

I recently had this same issue on both sides.

Turned out the lining had been taken over the seal and was acting like a sponge when it rained.

My curtain rail also pushes on the seal but doesn’t let water in.

View attachment 207610how did you resolve this? I've got possibly a similar issue. My leak seems to be coming from van side of seal into the van and running down the sodes behind the cloth. I was thinking the leak may be coming from the top recess area near the hinges and seal but now I'm not sure

Yes, resolved!

When I got home I re trimmed all the lining to the natural lines of the inside of the van up to the seal.

No more water coming in since then!

I would say pull your seals off and see if there’s lining under them. Also they could be loose so might need pinching with some pliers to get a tight seal.

Yes, resolved!

When I got home I re trimmed all the lining to the natural lines of the inside of the van up to the seal.

No more water coming in since then!

I would say pull your seals off and see if there’s lining under them. Also they could be loose so might need pinching with some pliers to get a tight seal.
What did you put the seal back on with? Did it pull off easily enough without damaging it?

What did you put the seal back on with? Did it pull off easily enough without damaging it?
It's just a grip seal, just work it off gently and don't rush. If it falls off too easily will need tightening as mentioned. Should go back on with a firm thump of the palm of your hand.

These seals are designed to go over the welded join so they have a U shape with a continuous metal clip to give it grip inside the rubber.

It's just a grip seal, just work it off gently and don't rush. If it falls off too easily will need tightening as mentioned. Should go back on with a firm thump of the palm of your hand.

These seals are designed to go over the welded join so they have a U shape with a continuous metal clip to give it grip inside the rubber.
Thanks.

Back