Just bought tsi kombi

Blamester82

VIP Member
Hi guys ,just bought a tsi kombi last weekend .
Got to get my car cleaned up and sold to pay the wife back the money she lent me to buy it .
After that it’s monkeybike on the road and big plans for the van ,I want to do :
-Set of 20”alloys and lower it
-Gloss black grills
-headlight bulb upgrade
-Tailgate spoiler (got already)
-stereo and speaker upgrades
-interior retrim
-front mount for intercooler,boost hoses
-stainless steel exhaust
-induction kit
-remap

IMG_2859.jpeg

I think you may have that list backwards, start from the bottom and work up !
Probably get intercooler ,boost hoses from forge motorsport in their black Friday sale ,exhaust and remap last once mods are done ,induction kit probably going to be first mod then suspension and wheels ,need to see what 20” alloys are available that will look good

Welcome to the TSI club!
Thanks ,took me a while

Welcome. Forget bulbs for them H4 headlights.
Look for a set of H7s
Wheres best to pick a set up them up ?

On the induction kit Id avoid an open filter unless you really really like noisy air intakes.
Having gone through the mapping with manual you best save up for a clutch relatively soon after. Mine lasted about 20k miles (with only 10k initial wear) then it slipped.
Mapping makes such a difference though.
Hoses I have the Forge ones and fitted a Wagner intercooler to help with intake temps. More a belt and braces approach.

It its a T32 then brakes will be fine. Exhaust will just be more noise, wont make a hugh difference unless you go decat etc but dont see the point in that these days, just too much hassle.

On the induction kit Id avoid an open filter unless you really really like noisy air intakes.
Having gone through the mapping with manual you best save up for a clutch relatively soon after. Mine lasted about 20k miles (with only 10k initial wear) then it slipped.
Mapping makes such a difference though.
Hoses I have the Forge ones and fitted a Wagner intercooler to help with intake temps. More a belt and braces approach.

It its a T32 then brakes will be fine. Exhaust will just be more noise, wont make a hugh difference unless you go decat etc but dont see the point in that these days, just too much hassle.
Hi ,if you don’t mind me asking why did you go Wagner instead of forge ,is the Wagner better?
Just fitted ram air panel filter .waiting for my car to sell so I can do the mods I want to do

I used Wagner as Id used them on previous car and very good quality. No issue with Forge but Id rather use something I know. The guy mapping mine was very impressed with the IAT's, he said the intercooler was very good.

I used Wagner as Id used them on previous car and very good quality. No issue with Forge but Id rather use something I know. The guy mapping mine was very impressed with the IAT's, he said the intercooler was very good.
I was thinking of doing forge just to do it all in one go ,intercooler ,Intake pipe ,boost pipes and dump valve ,see if I could get a package deal

Back