Hi - T5.1 owner debating going all out on a T6 kombi...

So - have been chasing the broker to get a confirmed ETA for some time and today opened a letter stating my order has been cancelled!!!!

Apparently due to another seller putting the discounted vans on a forecourt.

Not sure where to go from here.... :-(
You're not the first and no doubt won't be the last. Unfortunately that is the price you pay for potentially sourcing a bigger discount. If you want to secure a vehicle it may be a case of going to a main dealer. If you tried the same route again you could get lucky, but then the flip side is you could be facing the same problem and be no further along having spent many months waiting for a vehicle.

So - have been chasing the broker to get a confirmed ETA for some time and today opened a letter stating my order has been cancelled!!!!

Apparently due to another seller putting the discounted vans on a forecourt.

Not sure where to go from here.... :-(

Find the seller with discounted vans I'd say

Thats the gamble with brokers, some have won, some have lost unfortunately....at least with the stealers you will
get it......in the end ;)

I want 4x4 too. Not that I need it but I want it. Won't be doing any off roading but just fancy it for the pulling away grip and the cornering.
I just feel so much safer knowing I've got 4 wheels driving me on slippery roads, so know what you mean, for safety it's a simple decision.......

Yep the 4 motion is a fab option, it is much more useful on a T6 and its general use, than it is on a regular car/SUV. And with some good grippy All season/ All weather tyres, the vehicles utility is sky high.:thumbsup:

Same happened to me buddy..... my advice would be to take the price you were paying and go and see you local dealer and see how close they can get to it.

I am considering a new T6 for a work van (currently have a kombi family wagon) and have been talking to @carsandcommercials hes a really knowledgeable guy and knows the transporters inside and out definitely worth a ring if you are after discount

Now looking at a 150dsg highline 2wd lwb van in blue that is available immediately. Not quite the wonderous all out spec but at a similar discount it's some 9k cheaper, which could go on more/better mods. Barn door though, prob better for me but why didn't vw give them a facelift!

A freshly ordered one will be too late for me to enjoy this year now...

Have a couple of dealers to get back to me also.

Yep, had to compromise on my first colour choice. That or pay more and wait longer or sacrifice the 4motion...

Notice it has a few upgrades, front sensors and discover media headunit :thumbsup:

When are you getting it ?

Yeah nav, app connect, folding mirrors, tailgate & heated window, f&R sensors and camera, rubber floor and lit step and mud flaps. I was after ACC, heater and LEDS but apart from ACC think can retrofit the rest in good time. First retrofit will be power latching sliding door though + leisure batt...

Will have next week, maybe even Sat.

As long as it's as pristine as I@m hoping on collection will have a build thread to follow. Planning on a pop top and decent R&R bed on rails...

So I finally picked up a van. The one mentioned above and what a lovely drive home, like a range rover compared to my t5 (slammed) and the DSG box makes it so effortless. Got a few minor blemishes but given I got about 30% off list price as it's not brand new it's gotta be expected. Overall very pleased.

Now needs new wheels, lowering, bulkhead removal and pop top installed ASAP.

2mfyulj.jpg 11l7cm0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finally picked up a van. The one mentioned above and what a lovely drive home, like a range rover compared to my t5 (slammed) and the DSG box makes it so effortless. Got a few minor blemishes but given I got about 30% off list price as it's not brand new it's gotta be expected. Overall very pleased.

Now needs new wheels, lowering, bulkhead removal and pop top installed ASAP.

View attachment 8189 View attachment 8190
That's where I've ordered mine from yesterday. Noticed a few 4 motions for sale. I had to talk myself out of spending the extra money.

Back