My Shuttle Day-Van Conversion

As I cant afford a towbar and carrier I thought Id make a rear frame holder on my 3d printer. I cant believe though that the bike wont fit in the boot.

20210329_143922.jpg

20210329_143935.jpg

Fitted vangear pod unit. You can see theres just enough room for someone to sit behind the unit, the van-king bed also fits.

Absolute bastid to secure the unit to the seat plates using a J hook !!! I need to find another way to do it...

View attachment 101788

View attachment 101789

I’m starting to investigate Shuttles and with a larger family wondered if you can still have 5 seats in the back with the pod in place ? TIA

I’m starting to investigate Shuttles and with a larger family wondered if you can still have 5 seats in the back with the pod in place ? TIA
Are you leaving the plastic trim covers in or going to rip them out and go for a traditional camper? I ripped all mine out and have a rib 3 seater at the back and left a removable middle behind the front passenger seat which gives me a 6 seater vehicle and leaves plenty of room for furniture down the offside. If you need more than 6 seats you could always sell one of the up front captains and for a fraction of this price by a double for up front which give you a 7 seater. How bigs your family

Family is 2 +5 kids, a “normal” 7 seater just doesn’t cut it any more especially when we have the dog and a boot full of stuff so looking at getting a T6 shuttle which can multi-purpose as a fun vehicle for weekends away if we want.

Family is 2 +5 kids, a “normal” 7 seater just doesn’t cut it any more especially when we have the dog and a boot full of stuff so looking at getting a T6 shuttle which can multi-purpose as a fun vehicle for weekends away if we want.
Fair enough . In which case I'm not sure if the pod will fit with two middle seats, might be a squeeze. The other option like I said previously is a 2 plus 1 up front, 1 in the middle on the passenger side then the bench at the back. With just 1 single in the middle the pod should fit easily. Although I'd recommend a LWB one to make sure you get the boot space you need and to ensure the bench isn't to far forward that it clashes with the pod.

Fair enough . In which case I'm not sure if the pod will fit with two middle seats, might be a squeeze. The other option like I said previously is a 2 plus 1 up front, 1 in the middle on the passenger side then the bench at the back. With just 1 single in the middle the pod should fit easily. Although I'd recommend a LWB one to make sure you get the boot space you need and to ensure the bench isn't to far forward that it clashes with the pod.
Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll keep investigating but this gives more options. Worst case scenario I end up with a shuttle plus awning/tent

@Dwc85 You can fit the 2 singles in the middle row plus the 3 at the back. No need to leave anyone at home ;)

Wanted to house my leisure battery volt meter so designed this, it snaps into the holes on the lower part of the seat.

Attachments

• 20210509_064233.jpg
    20210509_064233.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210509_064620.jpg
    20210509_064620.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210509_070735.jpg
    20210509_070735.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 29
Fitted the VW Carbon (non) front splitter.

Attachments

• 20210511_121104.jpg
    20210511_121104.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210510_172851.jpg
    20210510_172851.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 36
Hello @dErZ

been following your thread , vans really looking good.
Apologies for asking you to go over old ground. I Took Delivery of my shuttle last week and I am currently in the planning stages . I really like what you’ve done conversion wise , I’m not sure a full conversion is really the way I want to go.

rear bed and Pod kitchen solution will work really well for us.

I have a couple questions about installation and sound deadening. Really around how much you used and did you put the existing trim back on.

What were the challenges taking down the ceiling and is there anything I should be wary off?

Finally( for now) I’m not sure I’m in a position to do electrics just yet. I know generally lining ,insulation and electrics all come together at the same time but would it be foolish of me to do the lining and insulation, replace all the trim and then revisit the electrics At a later date,

thanks in advance

Back