My local VW Vindis happy to lower with DCC

Yes I feel sure that at some time the spec has changed, Jan 2016, when I ordered mine (Vel Exec with loads of extras) and became a total expert(ish) on it all(most of which I have now forgotten):confused:, I feel sure that both the SE, EXEC, and Gen SIX, came with a 20mm drop if you specked up DCC. At some time it has changed, so if my theroy is correct, the Older Gen SIX Vels will have the 20mm drop, but the newer ones won't. But honestly you cannot tell with VW, they can alter specs at any time without prior notification (not just model year changes), and also if they ran out of short springs, they should could put standard springs on, and deal with it later. Who Knows what goes on in Wolfsburg, or where ever they are made.;)
You're a gentleman chriscroft, love owning our Caravelle and the whole vibe of owning one. Such a great community.

Looking at the Blistien B14 coilover kit for my Gen 6. £1,099 fitted at Vanstyle seems a reaosnable price. Assuming we can fit this kit to the Gen 6 with DCC?

Reactions: DC.
Looking at the Blistien B14 coilover kit for my Gen 6. £1,099 fitted at Vanstyle seems a reaosnable price. Assuming we can fit this kit to the Gen 6 with DCC?

I sooooo want to know the answer to this!! I'm not sure you can but I have no real idea.

Will be reading replies intently. Might be worth starting a new thread, I've been meaning to ask myself. Guess it absolutely will void your warranty though...

Last edited:
DCC operates by electronically controlling the damping of the shock absorbers so changing the suspension/shocks will remove DCC from your vehicle

Yes gather that would be the case. In contact with TransporterHQ to see if they are happy to fit and disconnect the DCC. Not sure if this will cause a problem ?

The van will throw a fit when its disconnected, will need to be programmed out

I'm genuinely starting to wish my van didn't have DCC in the first place then I wouldn't have to make this decision. It appears to me that we would be removing superior technology just to get the van sitting a bit lower. BUT I like lower haha!
I know we can have 50mm drop and DCC is fine BUT 50mm ain't quite enough without going bigger on wheels as well.

The things we do for style eh

I'm genuinely starting to wish my van didn't have DCC in the first place then I wouldn't have to make this decision. It appears to me that we would be removing superior technology just to get the van sitting a bit lower. BUT I like lower haha!
I know we can have 50mm drop and DCC is fine BUT 50mm ain't quite enough without going bigger on wheels as well.

The things we do for style eh
You don't need to change the wheels (it would hurt to swap those beauties), just put a slightly larger profile/side walled tyre on (if you can find them); consider some wheel spacers; and a 50mm drop; I cannot see you ever needing a more than that:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: imo

You don't need to change the wheels (it would hurt to swap those beauties), just put a slightly larger profile/side walled tyre on (if you can find them); consider some wheel spacers; and a 50mm drop; I cannot see you ever needing a more than that:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: imo
I think this is the route I'll go @chriscroft, it just infuriates me that a 50mm drop voids the warranty. I'm tempted to drop it anyway and swap back if need be, but could be an expensive decision if It does have to go back

I think this is the route I'll go @chriscroft, it just infuriates me that a 50mm drop voids the warranty. I'm tempted to drop it anyway and swap back if need be, but could be an expensive decision if It does have to go back
So do you think if you fitted coil-overs and wound them down below -50mm that would be any different? I guess we all really on a bit of good will with VW and the dealers when we start modding?;) I am really happy with the 20mm drop and slightly oversized tyres, but I know that it doesn't look the same as some of those bad boys.:thumbsup:

So do you think if you fitted coil-overs and wound them down below -50mm that would be any different? I guess we all really on a bit of good will with VW and the dealers when we start modding?;) I am really happy with the 20mm drop and slightly oversized tyres, but I know that it doesn't look the same as some of those bad boys.:thumbsup:
Truthfully, I have absolutely no idea what so ever!!!! I'm on here trying to learn as much as possible really. If money was no object I'd go air in an instant but it is.... so here I am haha!!

Truthfully, I have absolutely no idea what so ever!!!! I'm on here trying to learn as much as possible really. If money was no object I'd go air in an instant but it is.... so here I am haha!!
I would really like to have a play with air as well; I guess the ultimate would be DCC with Air; I think thats what Range Rovers have, the Ultimate.

I have a question, my T6 sits weary high on 19 inch wheels and I have DCC suspension, now I am asking everyone who has drop down your wan with DCC how is the ride?

is it harder or is it the same... DCC I personally like because it is useful when you are going faster (SPORT) or where you are only cursing (COMFORT) it really makes a difference but I took this option DCC because my friend told me the car is hard and stiff to drive on normal suspension.

What are your opinions I would lover it for at least 30mm

Hello
Does your van already have dynamic lowering as standard?, is it a Vel Exec or Multivan?
If so then you are already 20mm lower than a standard van; so if you want to drop another 30mm then you would need a 50mm lowered spring.
If you don't have dynamic lowering then a 30mm lower spring is all you need.
It is my understanding that DCC will still work OK with lowered springs.
:thumbsup:

Yes it has DCC button on the console, it is Multivan highline...

Highline is 20mm lower if it is standard but I think with DCC it is higher...

I have more of a question what the ride will be with lover springs because the car is already stiff/hard would it be even harder or is it the same?

When I ordered mine it was 20mm lowered standard, and adding DDC it was still 20mm lowered.

Are you positive adding DCC makes the Mutivan -Highline 20mm higher, i.e. the same height as a standard Van?

I haven't found my suspension to be hard at all; what tyres and what tyre pressure are you running?; what sort of loads do you carry mass wise?

Can anybody measure there hight from the floor I am realy interested is the DCC higher sitting car?

Back