Lifting with dcc?

JCAbrams

Hello, this is my first post here
I have a multivan t6 with dcc (caravelle executive in uk?)
I want to lift the van using the Eibach 35mm lift kit, but initially I wanted to keep the OEM dcc dampers. But they say it’s not compatible.
Have anybody tried this? What’s the reason for not using the dcc dampers when all the rest of the oem dampers are compatible?
I know I can change to other dampers and do a dcc delete- but was hoping to avoid this. Vw and the local eibach dealer here in Norway can’t answer me why.
Many thanks for answers and opinions!
Regards
Christian

Dcc shocks are not designed for any lift kit. You may attempt to use the dcc shocks but I bet the ride quality will be awful.
My plan is to lift the van and I found the kit I would like to install. However don’t want to compromise ride quality and still can’t find any feedback on this kit: + 40mm SoLow LFT kit.

Hello, this is my first post here
I have a multivan t6 with dcc (caravelle executive in uk?)
I want to lift the van using the Eibach 35mm lift kit, but initially I wanted to keep the OEM dcc dampers. But they say it’s not compatible.
Have anybody tried this? What’s the reason for not using the dcc dampers when all the rest of the oem dampers are compatible?
I know I can change to other dampers and do a dcc delete- but was hoping to avoid this. Vw and the local eibach dealer here in Norway can’t answer me why.
Many thanks for answers and opinions!
Regards
Christian
In my Humble opinion , you should try this as a solution , stay away from the lift springs as the front shocks wont sit in the correct orientation and this might have an affect on the DCC , A aluminium spacer kit from Watfields ( £250.00 approx ) will simply space the front up and keep the orientation of the standard spring and damper normal . cant see this being an issue at all the spacer sits on top of the front mount . Ill look for a picture ?

The rear will also be lifted the same amount but i think the rear DCC shock will cope with this to be honest ,. there is nothing to loose really its inexpensive and completely reversable

In my Humble opinion , you should try this as a solution , stay away from the lift springs as the front shocks wont sit in the correct orientation and this might have an affect on the DCC , A aluminium spacer kit from Watfields ( £250.00 approx ) will simply space the front up and keep the orientation of the standard spring and damper normal . cant see this being an issue at all the spacer sits on top of the front mount . Ill look for a picture ?

The rear will also be lifted the same amount but i think the rear DCC shock will cope with this to be honest ,. there is nothing to loose really its inexpensive and completely reversable
Thank you!, so i guess the spring has a different helix turn on the Eibach then, I’ll certainly checkout the Watfields Spacer then

Thank you!, so i guess the spring has a different helix turn on the Eibach then, I’ll certainly checkout the Watfields Spacer then
And ordered, it’s I bit lower than I wished for (25mm instead of 35mm), but worth a try. It would be nice to keep the DCC. I’ll leave a post when fitted and tested, thanks for your advice

Back